Pants really tight after workout

Options
After my workout at the gym I change into my jeans which are so tight i can barely get them on. They were already tight to begin with but after going to the gym regularly for several weeks theyve gotten even tighter. Especially right after I finish working out, like today when i couldnt even pull them all the way up and they just halfway down my *kitten*(forcing me to dawn an extra long cardigan as to avoid flashing my buttcrack to the rest of the world). The next day i guess the swelling goes down or whatver and its a little better. Most people are gonna say its a good thing that its just "building muscle" and i should be happy but i already wear a 14, and i dont plan on upgrading to a 16. My question is.. why is this happenign? and how do I reverse it?

Replies

• alexa_ann
    alexa_ann Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Drink more water maybe? Not sure
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It's probably just the muscles pushing out all the flab (not saying you are flabby). I can see my thighs & butt getting bigger in the mirror when I go to Zumba classes. My already big enough backside seems 3x's bigger after I use the elliptical. It really does suck when you struggle so much & you want your clothes to be loose & they just get tighter.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Its not cause your gaining muscle, you gain muscle outside of the gym, you tear them down in the gym. Its probably because of the pump or your drinking alot of water while your working out. ( which is a good thing) and just getting bloated.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    You muscles fill with blood and fluid when you exercise. It's temporary.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sjacks8266
    Sjacks8266 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kate I am going through the same thing yesterday I just wanted to cry. I look like he man lol....I workout 5 days a week with weight training and cardio. I wanted to just walk out the gym yesterday my arms and legs are just getting huge but my trainer said the weight will drop and this is just muscle....
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    You muscles fill with blood and fluid when you exercise. It's temporary.

This.