Hello there...new here any exercise gamers? Vegans?

Options
Hi there, I'm vegan. I have been vegan for two years now. It was for health reasons. Although I do agree with the concept "if you cant look at it in the eye and kill it, dont eat it"LOL Anyways, I lost 30lbs and then platued. I tried all the fad diets. I decided to try somthing different. So now I'm doing Zumba on the 360 and I have MFP. So far so good. I love it....I'd love to talk to other vegans, and those who are exercise gamers

Replies

• AlissonLo
    AlissonLo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Just Dance, Michael Jackson and Black Eye Peas on the Wii. I have the XBox but not the kinect
  • DRBuchholz
    DRBuchholz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegan but I do the Wii fit and just dance on the wii. Or at least I try! Also have a playstation 3 but no exercise games for that because I don't think the move works too well.
  • misskelli22
    Options
    I have been on and off vegan and vegetarian and used to be involved in local animal rights groups. In a good way, nothing wild, like paint throwing! I'm trying to get back to at least vegetarianism. I find it difficult to stick to when my husband and kids like meat and hate legumes and it's a pain cooking just for myself. But I'm trying to get back to doing what I want and not just what works for everyone else in the family.

We just got the Xbox and Kinect this Christmas but I haven't gotten any exercise games. Sometimes I'll do Adventures or Wipeout though for a little workout. I've been thinking about getting exercise games but they are so expensive compared to regular workout DVDs, which I have a few of. Do you think they are worth the cost so far?
  • fithealth4me
    fithealth4me Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Deff get a kinect. I have not played my Wii since we got the kinect!
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey there, i was strict vegan for 4 years. Recently i've added occassional fish and egg into my diet, for variety.

I'm not so strict anymore..i dont eat milk, cream, cheese etc, but if there is a hint of dairy in an ingredient, i dont automatically discard it like i used to. I loved being vegan, but hated having to explain it to everyone I met, and hated the ridiculous comments such as 'being vegan is so unhealthy, where do you get your protein from?' to those people, i used to reply 'if you can tell me how many grams of protein you need daily, i'll tell you where I get mine from' ...9 times out of 10, the 'average' person had no idea. (pet peeve, sorry).

Anyway, i'm now happy being a person who doesnt eat meat, or dairy, apart from the odd egg, and a bit of fish...

btw - at the height of being strict vegan, i had a bupa health check with amazing results..cholesterol was 3.2, with none of the 'bad' cholesterol. I didnt realise that cholesterol is only ever found in animal products. Not eating meat and dairy (or corpse and mucus) as i like to lovingly refer to it, is a great health boost.

Good luck to you on your journey :)
  • aykaa
    aykaa Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi there, I´m twentyfive years old vegan, but not a strict one. I do eat occasionally fish and eggs, because i here in my country where i´m from we don´t have much vegan restaurants and i found very hard to find meals what i could eat in normal restaurants. And i do like fish and eggs are fine, i do buy them only from small farmers

. Anyway i need to lost some weight (about 30lb but i would be happy with 18lb which i put on over christmas). So i would be very very pleasant if someone add me as a friend and we could support each other for our goal weight.

And i have one more question. What you are doing in the evening when you need to stop sweet cravings? But with me it is not only sweets. I have feelings after dinner i could eat whole nation and it is not that i´m starving, i´m actually full up, but always wants to eat something else and something more. How I could stop this? What you are doing?

And sorry that t is not for this toppic.

Alice