dont be strangers--- say hello!

Options
Hey everyone,
Hope you are all doing well with your goals.
About me; well, I signed up to this site eons ago. Though I didnt ever get into the habit of using it. I have now refound the site and been using it just over the past week to track food and exercise. I havent ever used any of the social side of this site, though feel it could be just what I need to keep me on track.
At the moment I am travelling and working overseas and though I get tons of exercise (lots through hikes) it isnt always easy to make healthy food choices while travelling. (also as I am travelling I do not have a scale with me; so my weight is a bit of a mystery and I will just judge by how clothes are fitting)
But hey, its never going to be easy and so today is as good of day as any to start.
I would love to hear from other people on here. Hear how your journeys are going and what keeps you focused. Then maybe I would have someone to yell at me when cave and over indulge in chocolate or wine.
Anywho keep away from those cookies and feel free to say hello
Cheers

Replies

• yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    hello~! Well I won't yell at you for having wine....may have to join you! feel free to add:)
  • debbiemccaffrey
    Options
    Hello there, good luck :)
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    Welcome! I'm fairly new, but enjoying all that MFP has to offer!
  • cougar5
    cougar5 Posts: 1
    Options
    hi im lisa i am new to this .. may i ask is there a food sugestion part so i can choose the good foods. how do you all do it?

i have a bad habbit of eating to much boredom is well and need to stop asap
  • ansley341
    ansley341 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone-- thanks for the replies.

and Lisa, if you look under foods where you can track your meals I think there might be some suggestions under there. You can check all the calories, fats and all that other scary stuff under foods when you track your meals
  • EmmaRoberts82
    Options
    Hi Ansley,

I was recommended this site by a good friend and this is my third day. I really want to stick to this as I have my 30th birthday arriving soon and want to being as fit and healthy as possible. Up until 6 weeks ago I was all on track to run my first marathon when I was a passenger in a car accident :( Thankfully I'm here although due to my injuries the marathon was a no go. I felt bad for the first few weeks and ate my body weight in naughty foods but then I decided to put things in perspective and work hard to get back to where I was and run the marathon next year. It must be great to be out there travelling that is something I would like to do some day. What sort of places have you been? I also would like some motivation from others.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    Hi Ansley,

I was recommended this site by a good friend and this is my third day. I really want to stick to this as I have my 30th birthday arriving soon and want to being as fit and healthy as possible. Up until 6 weeks ago I was all on track to run my first marathon when I was a passenger in a car accident :( Thankfully I'm here although due to my injuries the marathon was a no go. I felt bad for the first few weeks and ate my body weight in naughty foods but then I decided to put things in perspective and work hard to get back to where I was and run the marathon next year. It must be great to be out there travelling that is something I would like to do some day. What sort of places have you been? I also would like some motivation from others.

I'll be 30 July 10th!!!
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hello nice to meet you all
  • mariannelyman
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to this site too. One of my coworkers recomended it to me and it's great! I've had a gastric bypass and lost 96 pounds in the 11 months since my surgery. The weight loss is slowing down now, and I am looking for motivation to keep losing. I also really like that on the iPhone app, I can track my food and it breaks it down. I've had a hard time keeping track of my protein intake (very important for bypass patients), and this is an easy, convienient way to do that.....
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm sure most of us like chocolate and wine at times, and it does not hurt to have some now & again. It's when you deny yourself the cravings kick in LOL

I've been here quite a while & struggle to lose, mainly as my portions are too big, well hey I love my food :)

After Easter I am hoping to get more exercise in (new neighbour wants to join me in some short walks :smile: )

So feel free to add me too if you like

I don't shout but there are plenty of people to chat with :)

Di
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hello!!
  • prettythinlove
    prettythinlove Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Holla :-)
  • HarleyQuinnAddict
    HarleyQuinnAddict Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Kendyl.
    I just downloaded this app and joined.
    I'm a university college student and I want to look better.
    I hope that this community can help me out and I think that me keeping track of everything right in the palm of my hands will be a great thing for me. Wish me luck. I can do this.
  • LKinnos
    LKinnos Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Ive just started using this again because recent bad habits of eating lots of terrible food meant I stacked on 5kgs in 3 months! Yikes! Im finding reversing this a little tricky... even more tricky those nights when I can't keep away from the fridge!

So hello! I hope I can keep my motivation high and kick those habits Ive just recently picked up for good!
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....

My name is Alison and I have been on this site for just over a month and am having up and down days, I am a catering assistant and find myself putting food in my mouth way too often, getting better at saying no.

Hope you all have a great day :flowerforyou:

Please feel free to add me.
  • ansley341
    ansley341 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure the internet is teasing me.... The ad banner at the top of my page is for cupcakes from a "groupon" deal :noway:

Emmaroberts82 and Jaydubayu --- getting fit for a bday is always a good goal - and 30 is a biggie! (I have just under a year to my big 3-0)

Emmaroberts82 - I feel bad for what happened to you but, it is pretty awesome that you are now getting back on track. Sometimes when bad things happen its easy to lose sight of our goals, its easier to quit than go keep going for it, so its pretty great that you have got back to it. About the travelling, I have been trying to see as much as I can of the world over the past few years which has taken me to twenty some odd countries. So, still lots out there for me to see. I am in New Zealand now and loving every minute of it. Though I think the place I took the most from was China, what a great experience that was!

Mariannelyman - congrats on the loss so far. I agree the iphone ap is very handy. As if I leave it until the end of the day to track I often end up leaving out a few things (forgetful) and its also easier to track as I go so that I know how many cals I have to work with by the end of the day. Its a great ap.

Deediddly- true we do need to let ourselves have some goodies from time to time. But, Choc is my weakness, I can pass up anything else but I am full blown chocoholic. Easter could be challenging -- haha.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm Lisa, been here for 90 days. I've been working towards a healthy lifestyle for the last 8 months. It's been GREAT. When I joined here I had already had people to help me, but now I have more people to share successes with.

I like popping in during the day and seeing what is new. I love when new people start and see their pictures change and life changing for them. This really can be a trans-formative time. Losing weight, finding yourself and becoming more aware of everything that you do.

Enjoy. Add me if you like. I'm here daily and GOOD LUCK, but you won't need it, because you just need to be dedicated and WORK HARD!!
  • mariannelyman
    Options
    Thanks!
  • halisme
    halisme Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello and good luck
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with cookies .....

I will be on the road for most of the next month and I feel your pain regarding the lack of ease with logging and weighing in.