30DS - should I start again?

Options
EmRobo
EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
I wanted to finish this before our holiday towards the end of April (going away for my 30th)

I started this last week and had done 5 consecutive days, I was away at the weekend so knew I was going to take two days off, but straight back on it on Monday.

On the Saturday night while out on a hen night, my toe was stood on (twice) by stiletto heels, and I was pretty sure it was broken. Anyway it meant I couldn't do 30DS, so I continued with the upper body work that I could do. Its now 5 days since I last did the 30DS, my toe is much better today I can walk on it, but I know I can't put too much pressure on it and do the impact work.

I am just wondering if I should forget the 5 days I did last week and start it again, only problem is we go away in 2.5 weeks now.

Maybe when my toe allows it I just keep doing level one, then when I get back, do the full 30DS?

Has anyone else not done 30DS for the full 30 days?

Replies

• prettythinlove
    prettythinlove Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I did 20 days and then stopped, and I fully regret it. I swear I have commitment issues. I may start it again soon though :-)
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options

did you know you aren't suppose to do it for 30 days straight? And that's straight from JM herself.

I've never done the 30days straight either. (it's now way too easy for me) When I did it I did it for a few days then go do something else, then come back to it, then go do something else. I found when I did it for 10 straights, i found I got too muscle fatigued. That and I also found it was really hard of my ankles and knees. This is why I broke it up with other activities.
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    like the previous poster, I did 20 days and stopped that was 2 weeks ago. I started level 1 again today. It wasn't as hard as the first time I did level one but my knees are killing me.
  • abdehor37
    Options
    What is 3DS ?
  • EmRobo
    Options

did you know you aren't suppose to do it for 30 days straight? And that's straight from JM herself.

I've never done the 30days straight either. (it's now way too easy for me) When I did it I did it for a few days then go do something else, then come back to it, then go do something else. I found when I did it for 10 straights, i found I got too muscle fatigued. That and I also found it was really hard of my ankles and knees. This is why I broke it up with other activities.

Really - I never knew that!!
    My intention was to do it for the 5 week days, and take two days off then step it up the next level the following week and so on
    I do tabata style training too, which is what I have been doing with my toe being out of action, so maybe I shouldn't feel so bad?

Like you my muscles were so fatigued doing it everyday but I just fought it!!
  • EmRobo
    Options
    What is 3DS ?

30 day shred its a dvd my Jillian Michaels - its good :)
  • EmRobo
    Options
    like the previous poster, I did 20 days and stopped that was 2 weeks ago. I started level 1 again today. It wasn't as hard as the first time I did level one but my knees are killing me.

Thats good to know its not as hard going second time round, thats what I am dreading!
  • Lizzie2As
    Lizzie2As Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I completed the 30DS, not in 30 consecutive days & did a total of 24 days on Level 3. I did do 1 -2 rest days per week depending on how active I was feeling
    I'm now on Ripped in 30 where JM does now state at the start of the DVD that you should have a rest day. I'm liking this more as its more strength based (well week one seems to be, day 5 so far)
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    The whole 30 thing isn't really based on anything. Use it how you see fit. The point of it is to get you moving and burn some calories, it doesn't really matter how you count - it isn't like something magically happens on day 30.
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options

I did not know that! I did 10 days straight at level 1 and then 1 day off and 10days straight at level 2. Then couldn't motivate to go back to it knowing how hard level 2 was I couldn't convince myself to try level 3. No wonder I was feeling completely burnt out. I'll do rest days this time around.