Needing help Please

Options
Im in need of some help as ive only lost 2lbs in 30 days!!!! Can someone please tell me where Im going wrong. Ive put my calorie in take up as didnt think I was eating enough. At the mo im 163.8 LBS. Im 5ft 6. This help wouldbe much appeciated as Im really struggling. I know recently Ive not been eating all my calories but surley I should have lost more than what I have!!!! Thankyou guys xxx

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    You've barely been eating anything. You need to consistently eat much more.
  • steveanna19
    Options
    Can you see my early days on MFP what I was eating.At the mo im just getting disheartned as not loosing anything!!! :((
  • angelrock
    angelrock Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Check out freedieting.com it tells you how many calories you should eat to either maintain or loose weight. I didn't go on the calories MFP put down as it wasn't enough. By the looks of it you need to eat around 1531 calorie but thats dependent on you level of physical activity. Good luck! x
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Can you see my early days on MFP what I was eating.At the mo im just getting disheartned as not loosing anything!!! :((

Even early on last month, you've had 600-900 calories remaining every day. You need to be consistently eating more, and to give it time. You're only a month in - these things don't happen instantly.
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You've barely been eating anything. You need to consistently eat much more.

I agree, you eat very little! I think you should try and snack more (fruit or yoghurts) or have 5-6 small meals per day. Check out some of the groups or threads about eating more and eating all your calories.
  • LastTenPoundsGodDamnYou
    Options
    Errr because you are starving yourself. Do you know how to use MFP? I have lost 22lbs doing what it tells me to do and so has everyone else I know. It cannot not work if you just follow the simple instructions. Friend me if you like, but I won't take any prisoners.
  • TKPB
    TKPB Posts: 1
    Options
    try eating more high fibre and some protien and cut out white bread and pasta etc. Try not to eat carbs after 4p.m. and if you get empted and fail one day don,t beat yourself up. (I ate a piece of fudge cake last night)
    Remember, you can not drive a car without fuel.
    I am joining a gym later today, hoping that will help me, should meet like minded people there to.
    Zumba tonight with my daughter.
    Don't give up.
  • steveanna19
    Options
    Thank you all for the great advice!!! Yes early days but was hopingfor just a little bit more as have loved the scanner as I scan everything I can!!! Well will take on board what you are all saying and give it a go Thank you everyone xx
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Definately need to be eating at least 1200 cals a day, your eating far to little for your body to work properly so it will be trying to hold on to fat for insulation as it will think its a famine and try to protect you by storing all energy it can. any weight you lose will be muscle and water which will go before the fat in starvation mode. try and eat at least 1200 cals every day and see how you go.
  • michellewild12
    michellewild12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    slim and save diet hun, its brilliant xx
  • steveanna19
    Options
    To LastTenPounds I dont think I am using it correctly. I must be doing something wrong as I seem to be the only person on here NOT loosing weight Arghhhhhh!!!!! HELPPPPPPP xx
  • childofbodom123
    childofbodom123 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ahh A fellow geordie! Well I'm Northumbrian but darn close!

Well as stated above, you are not eating enough food.

Your goal is how many calories you should eat per day to lose weight, try not to eat above that, eat extra calories from exercise, but it's vital you eat as close as you can to that goal.

I have looked back over the last few days and there is plenty of calories to be had in your meals.

For instance monday -

Breakfast - Have a bowl of cereal with milk, make it 50g and you've just eat about 300 calories. Or a couple slices of toast with whatever you want on it is about the same.

Lunch - You had a greggs sandwich, could have had a packet of crisps with it or get an apple if your near a market, or take some fruit with you, either way adding another hundred or so.

Dinner - You had 2 sausages and a bacon sandwich, you could have had some beans and an egg for another couple hundred calories, or for ease buy a packet mix casserole sauce and throw a bunch of veg in with the sausages and have a sausage casserole. Or even made some mash with the sausages, peas, carrots or mixed veg and a bit of gravy.

You need to look at meal plans rather than snacks as there is not enough calories in snacks and most of which are bad calories anyway. I've looked at your other days and some are better than others but there is a major lack of vegetable in your diet, try and get as much fruit and veg as possible!

Hope this helps :smile:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Ok I checked a fair bit back:
    1. Your not eating enough. Try 1400-1500 calories.
    2. You eat nothing but processed food loaded with sodium.
    3. Virtually no fruit or vegetables.
    You need to cook more from scratch, good healthy foods. Lot of fruit and veg. Plenty of protein, not much carbs. If you do this it will fall off!
    Zara
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    As everybody has said, you aren't eating enough, but where are your veggies too?

Google clean eating... try eating that way and have an intake of about 1200 calories, eat back at least some of your exercise calories.

Do not be afraid to eat. For this to be a sustainable way of life, you need to nourish yourself.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Ok I checked a fair bit back:
    1. Your not eating enough. Try 1400-1500 calories.
    2. You eat nothing but processed food loaded with sodium.
    3. Virtually no fruit or vegetables.
    You need to cook more from scratch, good healthy foods. Lot of fruit and veg. Plenty of protein, not much carbs. If you do this it will fall off!
    Zara

Agree with this. protein is a must!! its helped my weight loss.
  • steveanna19
    Options
    Right now you have all pointed out what I amnot actually eatingI can see it!!! My problem I think was I was trying also to do the Gwen Mcreadie diet but now off out to buy veggies and fruit!!!! Watch this space!!!! Thank you eveyone I feel ashamed lol xxx