Anyone else have this NSV?

Options
I'm extremely pale so for me this is a NSV....
Has anyone else noticed that as they lose weight they look more tan?
I have not been to a tanning bed and live in the PaCific NW so no chance of natural sun tanning here lol

Replies

• ansh_3
    ansh_3 Posts: 1
    Options
    asas
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    not heard of that before...have you been eating a lot of carrots? or food with beta-caortene e.g. orange/yellow fruit and veg? that can make your skin go more yellow/orange apparently...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carotenosis
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    yes, it's that healthy glow coming through. (imho, anyway!) I look more tan now, and now that I'm healthier, I can go outside and I no longer burn (HUGE weird NSV). I think it's just because our bodies are happy!
  • rockyluv88
    Options
    yes, it's that healthy glow coming through. (imho, anyway!) I look more tan now, and now that I'm healthier, I can go outside and I no longer burn (HUGE weird NSV). I think it's just because our bodies are happy!

I like that idea! Hopefully I won't burn this summer... Whenever summer gets gets here, its been a long winter
  • grainne_eire
    Options
    Yes! I thought it was just me?!?! And I live in Ireland so its definitely not from the sun haha... It's probably just our skin getting healthier :)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    no but its a NSV i'd love!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just better blood flow and your skin is pinking up a bit. I have the same thing. Great to hear!!
  • tatya317
    tatya317 Posts: 74
    Options
    I am not tanner.. but a lot of people has told me that my skin is healthier and I have a glow . I look more fresh and happier :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!