Help anyone? ):

Options
I've been so unmotivated lately, I'm eating horribly and not exercising, I just can't seem to get myself going.
I gained over 13 pounds in the last 2-3 days and I'm so depressed now. :frown:
Does anyone have any motivation to lend me? Pictures or Quotes that really motivate you?

Replies

• kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I know it can seem so hard to find your way out, but you have to have patience. While you are waiting to get out of the funk you are in, you have to push to do the little things. take a small walk, watch an exercise video, or just put on some music and dance a bit. I know it seems like stopping eating is impossible, but you can do it. just try not to unconsciously eat. be aware of everything. then slowly work on stopping yourself. You have to have some faith in yourself and strength for just today.
    Some days are harder than others, But this too shall pass.
    I have been using this saying for the last few days. I have been in a down and out mood for over a week. my friends here in MFP and this montra.... have helped me to start finding my way back.
    Have faith:smile:
    and you have not gained 13 pounds. I would bet it is water retention, and maybe TOM, and just eating can make us temporarily weigh more. If you slow down and get back on track, in a few days things will even out and you will see that it's not so bad.
    please just take a walk tomorrow and try to find your inner peace.
    good luck
  • healthychic
    Options
    ugh, i am no help! i feel the same way i have been eating horrible and not caring and not exercising, i just can't get back in the groove. but try to start fresh, thats what i want to do tomorrow, go out and buy a bunch of healthy foods at the store and start making new recipes! we can do it!:happy:

-Danielle
  • izriani
    izriani Posts: 17
    Options
    Hey....music usually cheers me up when i'm down and feeling unmotivated. Hope that helps.

xoxo

izzy ;)
  • bsmartt
    bsmartt Posts: 6
    Options
    I don't think you can gain thirteen pounds of fat in 2-3 days. Are you sure that most of that isn't water weight? I bet it is ecspecially if you are about to start your period. And water weight is easy to get rid of, alot of it wil leave naturally on it's own, if it's hormonally related.

And I just chea here and ther or else I would just beakdown at some point.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Think about the reasons you wanted to do this in the first place, and think about how you're going to feel a year down the road. You could look in the mirror and be the same weight you are now or heavier...or you could look in the mirror and say, damn I look good, and I feel great. It's time to take your life back. Food's great, but it's not worth giving up your health and your body. :flowerforyou:

I promise you didn't gain 13 pounds in a couple of days. That would mean you ate an extra 45, 500 calories, and I don't think you did. :tongue:
  • prohappy
    prohappy Posts: 30
    Options
    Think about the reasons you wanted to do this in the first place, and think about how you're going to feel a year down the road. You could look in the mirror and be the same weight you are now or heavier...or you could look in the mirror and say, damn I look good, and I feel great. It's time to take your life back. Food's great, but it's not worth giving up your health and your body. :flowerforyou:

I promise you didn't gain 13 pounds in a couple of days. That would mean you ate an extra 45, 500 calories, and I don't think you did. :tongue:

Thanks for the advice, it really hit me when you said "think about the reason you wanted to do this in the first place" :smile:
    I went from 225-238 in two days, it's probably salt intake though, I really need to watch that.
    Thanks again though!
  • jewely82
    jewely82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    "Remember, tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it."

Don't beat yourself up too much. Use this as an experience to learn from. Start over tomorrow and do better. More than anything just keep at it. You will never fail unless you allow yourself to give up.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Thanks for the advice, it really hit me when you said "think about the reason you wanted to do this in the first place" :smile:
    I went from 225-238 in two days, it's probably salt intake though, I really need to watch that.
    Thanks again though!

Besides what's already been said, also try looking at the profile pics of bigger losers. Seeing their "before and after" pics is EXTREMELY motivating for me! :smile: Heck, even looking at my OWN pics is enough to keep me on track! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    What kept me going were/is a few things.

I can start over NOW. this minute. When I waited until monday I did so until I gained 50 pounds.

I know it is hard but I think of just this moment in time. I will eat a salad......skip the burger.....have some water............right now, this minute.............I dont have to think about tomorrow or next year, but it got here and I am 32 pounds lighter and TONS healthier and happier.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie