Yoyo

Options
I NEED HELP.....I am trying so hard to lose 20 pounds. It may not seem like a lot, but for me it is pure misery, I am the biggest YOYO dieter I know. I lose ten and gain 20. I have "0" friends who share in my fitness goals. My friendss are content with themselves and I respect that. But for me if I do not have that person or support network I am lost. Please help with any advice.

Thanks,
YOYO

Replies

• amandaj81
    amandaj81 Posts: 25 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hey girls,

I noticed you were looking for buddy's to email with & I am interested. I already have 3 other women I am emailing with that I found on this website & it is great to have that extra support. So if you are interested in joining us my email address is [12 year old link removed by MFPMods]. Hope to hear from you soon & we can introduce ourselves & go from there

Amanda
  • hayleyevangeline86
    Options
    Same here, @Yoyo. Always been either looking and feeling amazing or not so but still not realising it. Let’s do this! :)
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hello! Once you've determined to do this, you need a plan. Enter your stats in MFP and get your daily calorie recommendation. Buy a food scale. Weigh all of your food in grams (use cups for liquids) and log it as accurately as possible. Yes, this is a drag, but it's necessary for most people. You don't even have to make any changes to what you usually eat at first, especially now with the holidays. Just start tracking everything. For me, I was so shocked at how many calories I was really consuming, it was pretty easy to see where I could cut back. When you're ready, start aiming for your calorie goal.
    Exercise isn't necessary for losing weight, but of course it's good for you. Many people on here "eat back" half of their estimated calories burn because calorie estimators are often inaccurate.
    Your weight will fluctuate as you do this, don't get frustrated, it happens to everyone.
    Read the stickied posts on the "Getting Started" page, especially the one about "sexypants."
    This doesn't have to be a horrible process once you figure it out and get started on your plan. I'm 723 days in, 49 pounds down, after 40+ years of being frustrated by my weight. It works!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    This has to be the oldest resureccted zombie thread I have seen in a long time. July 2006 and I doubt the OP is still active, they never made another post or and only one friend.

Still yoyo dieting is a problem for a lot of people. Usually due to them restricting calories too much and eliminating complete food groups.

Just eat what you enjoy but in portions that fit your calorie goal. Consistency and patience over time is key.

Good luck.
    2bn8lamw5ix9.png

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    12 yrs, 4 months. Not bad.