LADIES

Options
Rboch
Rboch Posts: 53 Member
So I've read through most of the message board threads on strength training- a lot on New Rules of Lifting for Women and StrongLift 5x5- They both seem to be highly thought of. My question is for women who have or are using either of program/or both as a strength training program- What do you think? Pros/Cons? Which one would you recommend?

I'm not completely new to lifting but I'm sure I still have a lot to learn. I'm about 150 lbs, 5'6 and currently just over half way through the P90X- Classic workout program. I've really enjoyed the weight training aspect/days of the program and I'm looking to get into something a little more intense lifting wise once I am through. Any input would be great!

Rachel

Replies

• Rboch
    Rboch Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Anybody :)
  • JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just finished up Stage 1, Day for of NROL, it was an awesome read and so far I am loving the program. I am very sore today but I feel awesome. I really like the 3 days a week that this first stage is and I even got to add a little weight yesterday, which felt great. I am not too far into the program so I can't give you much BUT I can say that what they say makes sense and the program is a lot more challeging than the exercises look on paper :o)
  • JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Day 4*, sorry got cut out somehow!
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm a total newbie to weights and find NROL to be awesome. (I'm in Stage One, Week 2) I've got my sights set on Stronglifts once I complete this. The workouts are nice and quick but effective. I'm all about getting in the gym, getting my crap done, and getting out. NROL seems to be awesome for this.