Losing weight to fast?

Options
I need some advice. I joined less than 3 weeks ago. I absolutely love love love this site. I suspect I may have underestimated my daily activity level. I've gone over my calories a little every day and have gone out to eat a few time and thought I had blown it, yet I've lost 6 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. While I'm very excited to be losing now I'm worried that I'm losing to fast. Before I go up my activity level I want to be sure that there isn't some other explanation for this quick lose like water weight or whatever. I'd like to continue to lose two pounds a week not do something that's going to undo what i've accompliced so far. Thanks for you thoughts.:tongue:

Replies

• kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    OH it will slow down .......trust me!!!
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The first few pounds is usually water weight. I wouldnt worry about it too much
  • bagaydina
    Options
    The first week is the fastest loose after it slows down and then you'll be inpatient to loose more and you'll be asking why it slowed down. First week i lost 6 lbs and then 2 each week and then nothing some weeks and then only 1 the other week it's crazy the weight loss journey is complicated
    Good luck
    212008.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options

DITTO I agree it will slowed down:grumble: ...Im the one to know but on the other hand I have lost 4inches:flowerforyou:
  • juliehiggins
    Options
    I dont think you are losing weight too fast. It looks like you want to lose about the same amount of weight as me, and we weigh about the same. I joined a few weeks ago and I have lost 8 pounds. I read somewhere that when you have more body fat to lose, you lose it faster than if you dont. Be happy you are losing the weight now because pretty soon it is going to get harder for you to lose it.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OH YA, it WILL slow down!
    I also remember staying the same for up to 5 weeks at a time before starting to lose again! :grumble:
    Like they say though, "slow and steady wins the race", and eventually, you WILL lose all the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • lrbluett
    Options
    you will DEFINITELY slow down:smile: it is during those times you will have to be strong and keep on trudging :tongue: because it can become frustrating and you will feel like maybe this is alll for naught:angry: but is is definitle not. Keep up the good work: wink:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,946 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Congratulations:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Everyone is right. The first pounds come off faster when you've got a lot of weight to lose. Eventually it will slow to maybe two pounds a week, then one. Just keep on doing what works, stay open minded to new ideas, take baby steps toward a plan that you can live with for a lifetime, and your life will change.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • drandal247
    Options
    I don't think you are losing weight too fast. I have lost 11 lbs in two weeks before and I kept it off. I have noticed that even though I don't lose weight every week I am still losing inches, so either way I'm happy. Just take it steady and drink plenty of water. I take it one day at a time and I am always praying about it. Just keep at what you are doing and you'll reach your goal in no time. Be patient, Live Happy, and Be Healthy :) God Bless and I pray for your weight loss.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    my first week i lost 5 lbs, keep at what youre doing, if you find you have lost way too much over a month, like 15-20 lbs, then i would consider that a problem, otherwise, you go girl!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    the first couple weeks i lost a ton of weight, it has started to slow down to about 1lb a week now ( eventhough Im trying for 2lbs a week)
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    in most cases it slows down, but not always...the first two weeks of starting i had lost a total of 6lbs.... so that was 3 lbs a week and now i'm losing about 2 lbs a week so only 1 lbs off......i'm happy with it :bigsmile: soo ya never know u could still keep up the pace but if ure doing it healthy wise then there shouldnt be a problem with it :flowerforyou:
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 pounds the first week then .5-2 every week after that. That first week is mostly water weight and it will slow down on its own pretty quick. Sounds like what you are doing is working so I would keep it up if I were you.