Any careworkers out there

Options
Hi I have been with MFP for a long time now and have enjoyed every minute of my new lifestyle .I am not far from my goal now but need to maintain my weight .
A bit about me, I am 47 ouch how did that happen ? I am English but live in Denmark with my danish husband, I have 3 children (2 english , 1 danish ) and a big old labrador called Simba, my walking partner . I am a careworked in an old peoples home here which i love. I was finished with my training in 2004 and have worked in homecare in a very rural area for 2 years then after having my little son went back to work in the residential home and have been there since.
I just thought i would be nice to hear from other people around the world in the same job feel free to write or friend me
Bye from Lorraine

Replies

• sassy_sparkles
    Options
    Hello!

I work in a nursing home in Michigan (USA). I currently work in the activities or recreational therapy department, but I've done some social work at the facility as well. I get to have all the fun; we do crafts, movie nights with popcorn, play wii video games, play cards or bingo, and host special events. I really enjoy working with the residents.

You'll have to tell me more about your work with the aging population in Denmark.

Congratulations on meeting your goal weight! What a fantastic accomplishment!
  • 4Tracylee
    4Tracylee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I just started this MFP journey this year and love the results I am getting, even though I find it frusterating sometimes. I am not a big fan of working out...lol and love my doritos, but haven't induldged.
    I am a mom to 5 beautiful children, four boys 18, 14, 11 and 9 and a daughter that is almost 3. I am married,42 and live in Wellesley, Ontario Canada.
    I work in a residential environment as a PSW/CL taking care of medically fragile children. I absolutely love what I do. It is physically and emotionally challenging everyday and no day is the same. I love everything I do.
    It is so cool to see where others are from and what they do. I only work part time so I am available for my children if/when they need me. One day I may work full time, but we are quite comfortable the way things are and they work for us.
    Feel free to add me...the more support along this journey, the better.
  • lyricalLies13
    Options
    I'm a home health care worker, I go to peoples houses and care for them there. But I have also worked in a long term care facility. Stressful work, but its worth it.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I to work in the same field for 14 years now, trying to finish Nursing School not sure if that will happen (money). I work in a short term Rehabilition Unit also do Agency Work going to private patients. The people are great (patients I mean) some workers you just need to stay clear of........Great to have you here and the friend request was sent.........
  • Benidorm16
    Options
    Hi I am a care worker and live in hull Yorkshire I'm am 43,but loving my forties,it's just harder to lose weight as you get older,but this site is great,I'm loving it.
  • riouxha
    riouxha Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    I am a health care aid/ personal support worker at a long term care home in ontario, canada. I am also in school full time for my bachelors in registered nursing, so i feel ya!
  • Benidorm16
    Options
    Forgot to say please add me,I need some friends:yawn::tongue:
  • lorrainesimba
    Options
    Hi Benidorm
    How strange is that I am from Hull as well hehe I left 12 years ago but have family in Hull and visit twice a year and go SHOPPING how i miss Asda, and Hull has 3
    friend request is sent bye xxx
  • lorrainesimba
    Options
    Hi Tracylee
    Thanks for writing I have sent a friend request
    bye xx
  • LadyVenom69
    LadyVenom69 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nice to see so many people on the site who work in healthcare.

I`m on maternity leave right now, but before that I was working at a home for the elderly. I`ve been working as a practical nurse (LPN) since 2007, and have worked in long term care the whole time (I love seniors!)

Nice to meet you :)
  • deanna418
    deanna418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm a Care Assistant at a local hospital. I work with the kiddos now but for 2 1/2 years I had worked as a CNA with the elderly. I love what I do!

Nice to meet everyone!
  • tigerbabe2
    tigerbabe2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi, I used to work in Hospice care 4 several yrs be4 I had toxemia/ & birth of my son in 1999. I adore the elderly, they r so appreciative and it is sad when they lose their independence. I loved my job, but can't lift patients now :(

Nice 2 meet you, been on MFP one week now