Planning for a weekend "event"

Options
I have a social "event" on Saturday and this will be the first time I have had any Alcohol for over 3 months.

I am here seeking advice to try and minimise the impact this will have on me as I will have future one-off events that will be the exception to my new TT lifestyle.

I have already planned to switch to drinking something with less calories like JD and soda water with ice and avoid the chips BUT should I start to build up to this by doing 45mins cardio between now and then to off-set the damage. Should I get up early on the Saturday morning and do 90mins of cardio and "eat back" the calories I will consume.

I have always went for the easy option and just avoded these things but I am kind of missing out.

Any advice appreciated.

Replies

• gabwas
    gabwas Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would say try to work out that morning so that you have some extra calories and just try to be really good leading up to the weekend. You can't avoid social situations in total and it sounds like you have a good plan for the day of. Have fun and just get back to your good routines on Sunday.
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    For every drink of alcohol you have, drink a glass of water, in between each drink. This will help with dehydration and hopefully lessen the effects of a hangover the next day

As you suggested, do more exercise before the event as you may not be up to it the next day!

Have fun
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I agree with supplementing drinks with water :)

You are looking for advice in minimizing the impact of one day drinking alcohol when you have gone 3 months without... I have to say off the bat, that one day has a minimal impact on your overall goals. Exceptions and rare occurrences don't make a big difference.

If you're worried, nurse one drink for as long as you can and give yourself a limit. You don't need to drink 6 JD's in order to enjoy yourself. Working out in the morning will put you in a good place to indulge a little bit.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If its one night, why are you stressing? If you would normally drink 4 mixed drinks, sub 2 of those with club soda with a lemon and lime slice. Log it, and get back to it the next day. One day of indulgence (as long as its not overboard) is not going to wreck your long term goals.
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.

Good advice in drinking a glass of water between each drink.

I will work out harder this week to let me earn a day off. Once every couple of months is no bad thing and I can hardly put 14 lbs back on in a single day.