Healthy snacks

Options
swt0pie
swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
What are some healthy snacks that i can eat when cravings occur please?

Replies

• TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Cashews
    Almonds
    Protein bars
    Casein Protein (the best in my opinion for surpressing the apetite)
    Cherry tomatoes (if you're looking to not consume too many cals)
    Cucumber (same as above)

Those above are my usual choices :)
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My snacks are almost as many calories as my meals, but they keep me full for quite awhile. I like apples with peanut butter, a mix of popcorn, nuts and raisins/crasins, yogurt with cereal, or veggies with hummus! :)
  • bethannlarson
    bethannlarson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat baby carrots, bananas, nuts, or celery. I try to keep little baggies of them handy so that I can just grab on the go and don't have to worry about measuring stuff out right then and there.
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Diced avocado sprinkled with salt and rice vinegar
    Cottage cheese
    1/2 apple with 1 tbsp peanut butter
    Carrots, celery and cauliflower - if you have pre-prepped baggies in the fridge you'll be more likely to grab one than to chop it up!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    100 calorie bags of popcorn...
    A handful of almonds.
    A piece of bread with 1tbsp of peanut butter, folded over.
    Some tuna mixed with cottage cheese (yum). You can add celery and onions and eat it with a few wheat crackers.
    An apple! Very filling...
    A pear. Super yummy and sweet.
    Clementines/Tangerines. So cute and fun to pull apart and eat.
    Celery w/ peanut butter and raisins (ants on a log)
    Baby carrots with a little hummus for dipping
    Milk is very filling, lots of protein. Drink a small glass and feel full :)
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Try Lara bars. They are all natural and very filling and they will cure a sweet tooth. The one I just ate tasted like a slice of apple pie
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My go-to snacks are fruit, yoghurt, protein shakes/bars in chocolate flavour or nuts!

If you need healthy, low cal snacks for when you're really craving something good and sweet, you should make a batch of something on a Sunday to last the whole week like I do :smile:

For instance, this week I made some dark chocolate fruit & fibre krispie treats...they taste like rocky road cakes,150kal each, 3g of fibre...extremely chocolaty! In the past I've made date coconut rolls, peanut butter chocolate protein balls...there are tons of EASY recipes online :)
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bumping for ideas*
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rwfuentes
    rwfuentes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    An apple with a couple hands full of lightly salted peanuts keeps me going all afternoon.
  • Ladybezoar
    Options
    Veggie Crisp with Hummus
    Apple with Pb2
    Fresh Fruit
  • iamnoangel
    Options
    Brown Rice Cakes with Peanut Butter and Honey, Raisans, Almonds, Carrots, oh heres a good one that I discovered quite by accident. For breakfast I always have all bran cereal mixed in the my non fat yoplait yogurt. This particular morning I mixed up my cereal and yogurt and then got really busy at work, and my yogurt sat for quite awhile, when I went back to eat it, the all bran was completey mushy in the yogurt<< ik now this sounds gross, but when I went to eat it ...........it tasted exactly like CHEESECAKE..........weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! The all bran tasted like the graham cracker crust and the yogurt tasted like the cheesecake filling.......all this for 90 calories...........now I let it set on purpose
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Emerald's cocoa roast almonds! 150 calories for approximatley 30 nuts - fills me up and gives me that sweetness that I usually crave mid-afternoon!
  • Soon2BeMrsThomson
    Options
    I love:

veggie crisps
    reduced fat crackers with low fat spreadable cheese
    cheesestring
    chopped up fruit salad
    hoummous and veggies

my fave at the moment is boiled eggs!!! If I'm hungry I have them ready in the fridge at home and work to snack on - protein to fill you up, good fat and not many carbs - HAPPY DAYS!!
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    Cottage cheese with tomato slices garnished with basil
    Non fat plain yogurt with either banana slices, 1 tbsp honey, or Wyman's triple berry blend frozen fruit
    Half a whole wheat pita with 1 tbsp hummus and 1 tbsp goat cheese or feta (This kills a cheese and carb craving and keeps you really full for a while)
    Spinach (3 cups- 20 calories) and a slice of tomato chopped. This is an excellent night time snack if you can't abandon them entirely.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of snacks already mentioned. Just wanted to add lately I have been hooked on Oiko's Key Lime Greek Yogurt with fresh strawberries, it is great!

or California Cuties are also a favorite :)
  • mznuluv
    mznuluv Posts: 8
    Options
    My healthy snacks are 100% organic bake-dried Cinnamon apple chips,
    VitaTops Deep chocolate l00 calorie muffin tops,
    hot air popped popcorn,
    no sodium rice cakes w/organic peanut butter,
    Almonds,
    Sugar-free jello,
    Pure organic chocolate brownie bar (I only eat half)
    Go Raw 100% Ginger snaps Super cookies
    Eden organic Wild berry mix
    Blue Diamond Almond Nut-Thins
    blueberries
    pineapple
    I interchange the portions sometimes and make snack bags and freeze them. Keep in mind your portion size, portions can turn a healthy snack into unhealthy real quick:)
  • ms303
    ms303 Posts: 3
    Options
    jicama wedges sprinkled with lime juice and a tiny bit of chili powder
    Babybel mini cheese wheels LIGHT - 50 cals each
    celery sticks dipped in Athenos spicy three pepper hummus or regular hummus
    Greek non-fat yogurt (has more protein than regular yogurt so it stays with you longer)
    a few BBQ or cinnamon or chocolate flavored almonds
    a few raw almonds with dried cranberries
    mini carrots dipped in low fat ranch dressing
    tall Starbucks skinny latte with 1 Splenda
    I also love Quaker sweet chili mini rice cakes but have a hard time stopping when eating them...so I have to be careful.
  • sla1252012
    sla1252012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My frequent favorites are:

Cashews
    Frozen Grapes
    Baby Carrots
    Cucumber
    Boiled Egg Whites
    Green Tea

And for the regular chocolate craving (not the massive ones, for that only a bit of the real thing will suffice!) I like the Fiber One Brownies...now they're not "real" brownies but it's not bad tasting at all. It satisfies my want for chocolate and has other nutritional benefits as well.
  • swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    thanks for all these ideas guys :)