Eating well on vacation??

Options
Anyone have good tips for going on vacation and maintaining, if not losing? I'm anxious that I"m going to fall into "vacation" mode and ruin the progress so far. I think planning meals will help and I'll be surfing so it's not a lazy vacation....but it's still easy to overeat!

Any help is appreciated...and friend me if you'd like!

Nicole

Replies

• walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Start with not believing in Vacation mode in regards to eating. Just because you go on vacation you don't have to eat bad. I went on a cruise last year 3 weeks after I started using a personal trainer and changing my diet and I lost weight. It's a mindset. Good luck.
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am on vacation as I type. It will be 17 days before I return home. I've been in tougher eating situations such as Disney, late nights, rushed, and lots of really junky options.

I have found trying to log on here helps. Planning has been the biggest thing. I have to think about what food we could eat, and make sure we have it. Have had healthy snacks and light meal options in my car or bag at all times. I have also just enjoyed the food, but have either shared or just had a taste without having to feel deprived.

Feel free to add me. Am planning to do a ful write p when I get back.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I always have healthy snacks in my bag. Lots more water. I make my heavier meal during lunch and a light dinner. I ask for double portion of salad to begin with and that encourages me to be better at portion control. I continue to be selfish and exercise everyday.

You did not mention what kind of vacation? Road trips are the easiest for me as I have a cooler in the back seat. Plane travel is nice because the food on flights is not even a temptation. Airport food expensive and dull usually.

It's a struggle. I usually do extra hours of exercise the week prior to vacation.

Best to you....I will be anxious to read the posts on this one. I travel alot and find it difficult to stay focused.
  • okaypanda
    okaypanda Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you can still calorie count, do so. I would suggest just rethinking your meal options. Try to walk as much as you can (and if possible). See you when you get back and have fun!
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    i'm in the same boat & wondering the same thing. I am heading to Texas tomorrow for a week. I have it drilled into my brain that I am going to Enjoy my trip, but not go crazy with food. + I will still be logging.