New Cto5K starting 4/2/12: Open to 5-7 people

Options
2»

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I claim Saturday! :)

Wanted to get in there before anyone else :P But now I can introduce myself!
    My name is Alex, I am from NZ, used to be really into running a couple of years back when I was at my best weight, now I am trying to get back into it.
    My favourite types of exercise are running/walking and yoga - I used to be part of a gym because I thought I should strength train but it just made me feel guilty about doing what I DO like (running outdoors, and yoga) because if I did those things I felt like I was wasting my gym membership - silly I know.
    So long story short, I have quit, and focusing on running and yoga - plus whatever else I feel like :) and no need to feel guilty about any of it haha. I have a couple of 5kg weights, an exercise ball and a resistance band at home so if I feel the urge to do strength training I can use them.
    Oh, I'm also pescatarian (eat no meat except fish).

If anyone wants to follow me on pinterest - alexsmith01 I think I am? My email is alexandrasmith01@gmail.com if you need it to find me. I have a board dedicated to fitness :)

Hi Alex - welcome! I thought it was cute that you got your claim in and came back to tell us about yourself. :) Isn't it funny how we can "guilt" ourselves about exercise, when in reality, as long as we're being active, we're doing right by ourselves?

I'm glad you're here. I'm really looking forward to running with you ladies. :)

I saw your question about which program I'm following... I'll have to find the link to the one I used the first time. Basically I'm doing 3 days a week , and will aim to get some kind of cardio in on the off day. also, I'm just using a generic Cto5K app to cue me on the times (I think I got it from Itunes) and using my own playlist. Upbeat music makes a big difference, I find. :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    is this still open? i'd love to join!

You can be Sunday! That must be us full - I'm adding you all as friends :)

YAY!!! WE'RE FULL!!! Thanks for joining us Lilac Dreamer. :)
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I claim Saturday! :)

Wanted to get in there before anyone else :P But now I can introduce myself!
    My name is Alex, I am from NZ, used to be really into running a couple of years back when I was at my best weight, now I am trying to get back into it.
    My favourite types of exercise are running/walking and yoga - I used to be part of a gym because I thought I should strength train but it just made me feel guilty about doing what I DO like (running outdoors, and yoga) because if I did those things I felt like I was wasting my gym membership - silly I know.
    So long story short, I have quit, and focusing on running and yoga - plus whatever else I feel like :) and no need to feel guilty about any of it haha. I have a couple of 5kg weights, an exercise ball and a resistance band at home so if I feel the urge to do strength training I can use them.
    Oh, I'm also pescatarian (eat no meat except fish).

If anyone wants to follow me on pinterest - alexsmith01 I think I am? My email is alexandrasmith01@gmail.com if you need it to find me. I have a board dedicated to fitness :)

Hi Alex - welcome! I thought it was cute that you got your claim in and came back to tell us about yourself. :) Isn't it funny how we can "guilt" ourselves about exercise, when in reality, as long as we're being active, we're doing right by ourselves?

I'm glad you're here. I'm really looking forward to running with you ladies. :)

I saw your question about which program I'm following... I'll have to find the link to the one I used the first time. Basically I'm doing 3 days a week , and will aim to get some kind of cardio in on the off day. also, I'm just using a generic Cto5K app to cue me on the times (I think I got it from Itunes) and using my own playlist. Upbeat music makes a big difference, I find. :)

Haha I didn't want anyone to beat me! I have a C25K app on my phone so will probably use that - just wasn't sure if we all needed to be on the same one.

I'm looking forward to doing this too! It's my Wednesday evening right now, and plan on going for my first run either tonight while dinner is in the oven or tomorrow after work :) Don't want to rush into it because I am recovering from a pretty awful cough and I want to start when I know I can stick to it!
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this is Tuesdays motivational quote

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"
    - Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

Thanks for the photo tutorial as well, i have tried several different ones and nothing has worked so far, may try next week

Also i am on week1 run3 tomorrow then onto week 2 friday xx

Awesome quote! I need to be strong!
  • Char_marcus
    Char_marcus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this is Tuesdays motivational quote

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"
    - Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

Thanks for the photo tutorial as well, i have tried several different ones and nothing has worked so far, may try next week

Also i am on week1 run3 tomorrow then onto week 2 friday xx

Yay!!! Thanks for posting this today! This is a GREAT quote to get us started. Tomorrow ( day 2 of week 1 for me) I will be asking myself "am I going to be a wimp or going to be strong?" I know the answer!!!

Today was my "off day" since I started yesterday. The program I followed before recommends at least 3 runs a week. Is this the schedule you'll be following too ?? Looking forward to my run tomorrow!

Today I didn't get any cardio in but I'm doing a push up challenge with some of my college buddies. They're upping the stakes and working me out!!!

What did you all do today (Tuesday) ??

PS - Enjoy your run tomorrow, jealous that you're wrapping up week 1 already!!! :)

yes i am doing the NHS couch to 5k, that recommends 3 sessions of each week until weeks 5 and 6 then they give you a run for each run of the 3 runs that week to follow, then 3 again of weeks 7-9

my little boy is coming running with me today, should be fun :tongue:
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I run everyand other day. On my off days i ride bike 5 miles. Also lift free weights.
    I look forward to my next next day running . Every run i just keep telling myself (you can do this)!!
    It really helps.
  • LauraSchaller
    LauraSchaller Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Run.jpg

I'm still sore today from my First Day of C25K & Zumba Class on Monday .. but this is my indication that it's WORKING!

For many of us, today is W1D2 of C25K - Don't let the weather get in your way, don't let your agenda get in your way.. get out there and do it today. Make yourself proud & make all of us proud - Can't wait to hear about everyone's success today!

L
  • LauraSchaller
    LauraSchaller Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think we may need to move this into a "Group" type thing .. It can be challenging to continue going back through to find the posts and I don't want anyone to be discouraged because it's not easy enough for them to find. Just a thought!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I think we may need to move this into a "Group" type thing .. It can be challenging to continue going back through to find the posts and I don't want anyone to be discouraged because it's not easy enough for them to find. Just a thought!

Since this is the 2nd time the suggestion has been made, I think we should do it. I'll set one up and come back to post the name of the group so we can meet up over there. Thanks everyone!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    ATTENTION ALL USERS!!!!! :) I MADE A GROUP CALLED

LUCKY # 7 (COUCH TO 5K)

Hopefully you will each receive an invite - I've never done a group before - so hopefully I did it right.

Laura, if it's convenient, would you be willing to re-post Wednesday's thing over there? If it's a hassle, don't worry about it, we'll start fresh on Thursday.

AS OF NOW - THIS THREAD IS CLOSED - POST ON LUCKY #7 (COUCH TO 5K) FROM HERE ON. IF ANY TROUBLE FINDING IT, MESSAGE ME. THANKS! ;):flowerforyou:
  • Melissaol
    Options
    I just finished w2d3. I ran outside tonight, that went really well. Alot better then I thought it was going to go.
    Next time im worried about week3. That really kicked my butt and i stopped. This time im worried be im ready for it. If im not ready to move on I will repeat it until I feel like im ready to move on.....
  • Melissaol
    Options
    Well today is Friday:
    Running teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. So and run......

Have a great Ester weekend!!!!