Neeeed more calories - help!

Options
So it's nearly dinner time and I'm around 275 calories short for the day. I might be hitting the gym for a little workout later, so I guess it's good to save a bit just in case I need a post-workout snack (how important is that, anyway?) Buggered myself up a bit earlier and had a chocolate bar so my macros are not ideal (tooo many carbs). Any ideas on what to eat that includes little to no carbs, little to no fat and more protein than is physically possible? I don't have protein powder, else that would be spot on.

Replies

• NickPineault
    Options
    Fat won't make you fat.

In fact, it's essential for a healthy and lean body.

I suggest a handful of nuts, like raw almonds, macadamias or halzelnuts. These will keep you filled more than anything else, and fill you with important nutrients.

(shameless plug)

If you want to know more about why I recommend eating fat (I understand it's not what is considered to be "common-sense" advice), check out this report titled "Eat Fat, Burn Fat":

http://www.thefatlossanswer.com/weight-loss-blog/free-report-day6g/
    So it's nearly dinner time and I'm around 275 calories short for the day. I might be hitting the gym for a little workout later, so I guess it's good to save a bit just in case I need a post-workout snack (how important is that, anyway?) Buggered myself up a bit earlier and had a chocolate bar so my macros are not ideal (tooo many carbs). Any ideas on what to eat that includes little to no carbs, little to no fat and more protein than is physically possible? I don't have protein powder, else that would be spot on.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I love Pure Protein bars...the carbs and protein are more balanced (190 calories). AdvantEdge Protein shake this has more protein and less carbs (110 calories). Coconut oil It has a lot of fat in it, but great to add calories...coconut oil is good for you. Almonds (160 calories) Cottage Cheese. If you had protein powder and need extra calories, use 2 scoops instead of 1.
  • Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks Nick! Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-fat at all. In fact, I go over on fat (but not sat. fat) on quite a few of my days.

I've increased my chicken portion for dinner and I'm now short of about 100 which can be solved with a few nuts, but I don't like the numbers that'll add to my carbs :( Damn chocolate bar - will I ever learn?
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I do protein bars or shakes when I get there. If the chocolate threw your macros into a tizzy, all you can do is get as close as you can and deal with tomorrow when it comes.

Don't tell anyone, but one day of macros being off, isn't going to make you gain 100 lbs :)

Edit grammar
  • Numptcakes
    Options
    Tinkr - I would love to explore that avenue but I have no money for protein shakes and bars :(
  • Numptcakes
    Options

Don't tell anyone, but one day of macros being off, isn't going to make you gain 100 lbs :)

Edit grammar

Haha, you're right Brute! I'm just a drama queen! ;) Nuts are looking like my best bet!