What did you give up for Lent?

Options

Replies

• erinnhamil2n
    erinnhamil2n Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I gave up all things made with white flour and sweet (baked goods, chocolate, candy...)

I am excited for the end of lent! I think I may make myself sick.
  • powersmatti
    Options
    Ditto. I am an atheist.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I gave up church....my wife was not amused.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I gave up hope that I'd win the Mega Millions lottery.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Nothing...I'm no quitter. :drinker:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    For the first time ever, I gave something up, and it was my beloved coffee. I thought it would be horrible, but after the first few days, it hasn't been bad. I am not sure I am even looking forward to having one. I am sleeping so much better and I am not as stressed.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't celebrate Lent so I didn't have to give up anything. :happy:
  • jegg0425
    jegg0425 Posts: 37
    Options
    It was either a tie between compassion and my New Year's Resolution. Lol
  • CaloriaHernandez
    Options
    I gave up celery, flax seeds, fish oil, soy milk and milk of magnesia...oh, wait, I wasn't even using these items. I am just trying to eat healthier period, Lentil or not.
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I gave up going out to eat, and have only cheated 4 times while in Disney World.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Nothing
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I gave up my bad eating habits. I started in January. I now try to start good habits, as opposed to giving things up, I see it as a time to improve myself in general.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I didn't give anything up but I made the decision to stick with this because I know HE has a plan for me and it's gonna happen soon so I'd better be ready both spiritually and physically!

Revelations is now, people!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Instead of giving something up I decided that I would spend at least an hour a day doing goofy stuff with my son :) It's all too easy to expect an only child to become a mini adult and I know I spend too much time on the computer and working out so I figure he deserves it :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I gave up excuses
  • cinole1706
    Options
    I gave up chocolate.. I've already decided I'm going to have like, 2 chocolate turnovers at work next Monday!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I didn't give anything up but I made the decision to stick with this because I know HE has a plan for me and it's gonna happen soon so I'd better be ready both spiritually and physically!

Revelations is now, people!

but is the fasting and sacrifice of Lent to prepare you spiritually for the Easter season?
  • HLAMODEI
    HLAMODEI Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I gave up Diet Pepsi...I don't drink alot of it, but I do usually have one a day. To those that gave up wine...KUDOS to you! Since MFP I only have 1 or glasses/week. But God, I need them! :) My 5 year old gave up PBJ's (her fav) and my 7 year old gave up Ice cream (her fav) my husband, never gives up anything for Lent! Happy Easter Everyone! I"ll be having a large diet pepsi on Sunday!
  • cyncetastic
    cyncetastic Posts: 165
    Options
    I gave up all alcohol for Lent. Looking forward to a glass of wine on Easter!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Did the Daniel fast for 40 days with Sunday as a break day. It has given me an appreciation for simple vegetables and legumes, and I can now relate to people who have no access to meat, eggs or dairy or bread or anything made with wheat.. During my break days, those things I had not had were SOOO GOOOD. It made me grateful for things I used to take for granted.

Plus eating this way is super healthy.