I ordered my 30 DAy Shred...Nervous but excited!!!

Options
Anyone have any advice or comments on Jillian's workout DVD? I saw how so many people did it on here so I got inspired :)

Replies

• lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It's awesome.... but if you dont' excersise regularly... be prepared to be SORE....I take that back... be prepared anyways.... it is a great short work out. I do this in the AM 3 days a week with extra cardio, and it is great.
    I can't walk right now but I feel great!! :happy:
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I do it every few days... I get bored doing the same thing every day. It is a good workout for the short amount of time it takes though :)
  • racheltb92
    Options
    I was so excited when i ordered mine about 2 weeks ago, but i still haven't received it and im getting pretty discouraged. Lets hope that excitement comes rushing back when it gets here!!!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Do the warm up twice. Watch your form on the lunges and squats and make sure you drink your water. And have a ready supply of Advil for the first few days. And dont quit. I am doing a second round of it now and I still get sore thighs. The results are great though!
  • nateraemom
    Options
    I haven't tried the Shred but I just started Ripped in 30 about a week ago. I couldn't make it through the first day. The second day was a little better. Then I crushed in on day three. YAY! I am amazed at how I can spend an hour in the gym and not get the same effects as 20 minutes with Jillian!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Be prepared to be the most sore you have been in a LONG time. It is an amazing work out!
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Extra stretching - I stretch for a couple more minutes than she does and I don't hurt the next day.
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    Mine came in the post today - starting this weekend. Have to keep the running throughout so it's gonna hurt.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it! You're going to hurt (if you're like me, a lot!), but it's worth the pain. Even when you hurt, keep going, it works. It gets easier after a few days.
  • stayseeing
    stayseeing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I ran and did stairs for a few weeks prior to the DVD, and I am still sore from this DVD, but it's a great workout. Tonight will be Day 4 for me, and the pain is already going away, and I'm doing the workouts much easier. Just like everyone has said, stick with it. Do NOT give up. Stretch a lot before and after, and keep some form of OTC painkiller handy :)
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Its a killer workout esp if your just starting out. I agree though, stretch extra and watch the knees. I did mine in July of last year. I liked it, got pretty good results. I tried it again in Jan of this year and got to level 2 and quit. Not because it was hard but because i got bored and the burns were not big enough for me 'now'. When i was heavier i burnt 300 something every workout and now since ive lost 50lbs the burns are only like 100 something. I need 300-500 cal burns right now
  • spoons81
    spoons81 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Definitely do extra stretches, especially when you're starting each level. I do cardio and weight training on a regular basis, but she really works your muscles and I found I could barely walk after the first 2 days!! Good luck!
  • jencopes
    jencopes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did my first workout yesterday....I am SOOOOOO sore. Took some aleve and starting to feel better.
  • saraa281
    saraa281 Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow!!! I am so sore today from just doing a yoga class at the YMCA yesterday, lol. I will invest in some Advil and get to it as soon as it comes in. I hear she is pretty brutal and it seems like she is in the room yelling over your shoulder. Thank you all for the input. I have been so motivated for over 10 days now and really don't want to give up. (That is my usual pattern, i fizzle out) Not this time!!!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I started it on Sunday and the schedule I'm following (as recommended by Jillian) is 2 days 30DS, 1 day Cardio, 2 days 30DS, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest. Then repeat.

I have to say I'm REALLY glad I did it this way because I was SUPER sore yesterday. Luckily it was my cardio day, so I did 30 minutes on my stationary bike and today I'm not NEARLY as sore and was able to do the workout just fine (with a few stops here and there because of my burning calves!).
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I am so sore today from just doing a yoga class at the YMCA yesterday, lol. I will invest in some Advil and get to it as soon as it comes in. I hear she is pretty brutal and it seems like she is in the room yelling over your shoulder. Thank you all for the input. I have been so motivated for over 10 days now and really don't want to give up. (That is my usual pattern, i fizzle out) Not this time!!!!

She's not that bad. Actually I kind of like her. She doesn't annoy me NEARLY as much as I thought she would! LOL
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I alternate it with her Kettlebell workout and the YOGA. Be ready to LOSE inches before pounds! Do not turn it off, and if you can't do some of the moves, march with high knee kicks...
    With that said...HOO RAH! GOOD FOR YOU! It works if you work it.
    Best of luck.:flowerforyou:
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I did Day 3 Level 3 today- I am sore once again and in completly different areas then level 1 & 2-so far a total of 7 lbs and 20.5 inches :smooched: I am planning to do Ripped in 30 next and then Insanity :ohwell: I have a burn of 300-400 for the work out(HRM) and love it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!