One Year with MFP -- Pics*

Options
carpediem3
carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
I was diagnosed with PCOS on January 10 2011. Worst news I've ever gotten. Add borderline diabetic to that, it was a very emotional day for me. I was put on BC, and Metformin -- the highest dose. I knew I needed to lose weight, but it took hearing it from the doctor to actually do it. As of last Wednesday, I am OFF Metformin and my most recent lab results show everything is normal. The best news, my glucose level is at 88! When I started, it was 98.

From that day forward I started to make changes. I was commited to getting healthy. Not just for myself, but for my family. My kids need their mama, and I need to be healthy so I can live a full fun life with them and my hubs. I have lost a total of 72lbs since my "diagnosis day", 57 of which have been with the help of this site. Though I signed up in mid March 2011, today marks one year since I truly started the commitment of logging every day.

Since January 10 2012, I have only lost .2lb, but have also lost/gained the same 5lbs over and over...and over. A plateau I never thought I would hit, and boy did it hit hard. I had a dream one night that I had some crazy results with 30DS. The very next day I found my disc, and started. That was February 22 2012. I ended up taking about a week off last week and finished it up yesterday.

Inches lost: 4.5 overall!

I have been so obsessed with that number on the scale, I didn't even realize I was losing inches. Much to my surprise, though not a HUGE change, the before and after pics really opened my eyes. I still want to see the 160s, someday, but as long as I'm seeing physical changes the number on the scale will be secondary. Now for some pics :)

One of the very few pics I have of me at/near my heaviest -- 247lbs
Then-late10.jpg

One month after starting my weight loss journey --
2-24-11.jpg

And a couple from now --
013.jpg
066-1.jpg

Round 2 of 30DS -- completed 4/3/12 -- with a week of Killer Buns&Thighs AND 6Week6Pack
My booty is lifting ever so slightly, that excites me lol
30DSRound2.jpg

And finally, my new Spring/Summer dress --
IMG-20120321-00722.jpg

Replies

• Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress! Well done and keep it up! :)
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Excellent work. You look great!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    So proud of you girly,you have come a long way..n we will kick that plateau in the butt! Keep up the amazing work!
  • nokey73
    nokey73 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    amazing transformation! Keep up the good work!
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what you have accomplished in a year! PCOS can make it really tough and here you are with such great results! Keep it up and you will break through that plateau!
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i also have PCOS, feel free to add me. you look AMAZING!
  • klopiccolo1
    klopiccolo1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Congrats! :smile:
  • Byebyebelly6
    Options
    great job!!!:smile:
  • lovinlulu
    lovinlulu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Be proud of all the hard work you put into it!!!

Congrats!!!
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Great job! Pretty dress!
  • frumpytofit
    Options
    Love you in your new dress!

Could you post more about your diet and exercise routine for all of us that might be in your same situation?
  • karendsmith
    karendsmith Posts: 167
    Options
    wow, what a good job! you look GREAT!!!
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Love you in your new dress!

Could you post more about your diet and exercise routine for all of us that might be in your same situation?

First, thank you everyone!!

I lost most of the weight by simply watching what I ate, and using my treadmill when my knee allowed it. Until I hit my plateau, I was eating 1200 and sometimes ate my exercise calories. Frustrated by the plateau, I started eating my BMR back in March. It did nothing for me as far as weight loss. I try to keep my refined sugar intake in check, though with a big sweet tooth its not easy. I don't eat white pasta/rice/bread. Everything is either multi-grain or whole grain, IF/when I eat it. And I eat at least every 2 hours.
    I exercise at least 5x a week. I just finished 30DS, and have been doing JMs 6 Week 6 Pack and Killer Buns & Thighs. Recently I bought JMs dumbbell set so I have been doing some dumbbell strength training.

Any suggestions on how to break this 3 month long plateau would be greatly appreciated!
  • mariea_bo
    mariea_bo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress!
  • brenbbb
    brenbbb Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing, congrats! I have PCOS and I'm afraid that I may be pre diabetic and I am really trying my best, I have lost about 17lbs since 1/1/12. I hope I achieve similar results! So inspiring!
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    WooHoo! Great job!! Someday I will post awesome results like this. You have been so dedicated over the past year and you are an inspiration for me to keep going :)
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    What a great job you've done! You look terrific!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    WOW...One yr of some discipline and great dedication to your lifestyle!! You look amazing!
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    Amazing! You look great! Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Rubbing that body up and down and all around with swagger sauce. THAT IS AWESOME!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!