anyone from Chicago? need recommendations!

Options
missprincessgina
missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
Hi everyone! My husband and I are taking my parents to Chicago over Easter for a 5 day mini vacation. I haven't been to Chicago in ten years and I need some advice on good restaurants. Chicago is a great city :heart: and has fantastic food so I know I won't be logging my calories those 5 days of vacation! We like higher-end restaurants but I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks in advance! :)
(Breakfast & lunch places too) :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    The Lobby at the Peninsula is simply gorgeous!
  • carlsonrobb
    carlsonrobb Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    any types in particular? if your looking for a crazy good exotic hot dog, try Hot Dougs http://www.hotdougs.com/menu.htm

Here are three examples

The Game of the Week
    Smoked and Spicy Alligator Sausage with Cajun Shrimp Remoulade and Goat Cheese

Foie Gras and Sauternes Duck Sausage with Truffle Aioli, Foie Gras Mousse and Fleur de Sel

Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Pork Sausage with Roasted Tomato Dijonnaise and Trugole Cheese
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    The Signature room in the Hancock - the food is okay, but the view is astounding!

Leopold's on Chicago Ave - best steak tartar I've had!

Texas de Brazil - if you have never done one of these places, it's a fun experience and the salad bar is awesome

Hopleaf in uptown - the mussels are damn good

the list is long - where about are you looking to be?

Breakfast/lunch

Tweet, Feed, Dunlay's, Revolution (lunch), Silver Cloud
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Giordanos Pizza, the best in the city...

http://www.giordanos.com/
  • carlsonrobb
    Options
    You gotta try Chicago Deep Dish Pizza but asking which one is best may set off a war on here.....
  • Ali65
    Ali65 Posts: 15
    Options
    Chicago...my kind of town! Definately go for the pizza, Giordanos! If you want fast and variety...my favorite "Portillos Hot dogs." good luck and have fun!
  • Ali65
    Options
    Ooooh...that sounds good!! Yes, any pizza in Chicago, deep dish!!
  • Ali65
    Options
    Yey...Chicago crew!! I am originally from west suburbs, now in California!
  • carlsonrobb
    Options
    come back! We miss you!! We've all been asking when you were gonna come around again!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    My absolutely favorite is a place called Native Foods. There are a few around the Chicago area, the one I go to is in the loop. It's entirely vegan, but you would never be able to tell! Some of the best food I've ever had :D
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    pinkberry has the best frozen yogurt, and Garrett's popcorn is amazing and the Hershey store it has lots of great candy and,The worlds largest milk chocolate Hersey's Chocolate Bar resides there which you can take home