OH OH work is ordering Chinese food!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Options
BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
This awesomely tanned man LOVES his CHinese food! and it just so happens that the office is ordering CHinese.....well ummmmm you know im ordering!

So whats my healthiest option!?!?!?!?! keep in mind I order my meals with STEAMED WHITE RICE and I skip the eggroll.

Gimme some tips! Chop suey!?!!?!?:devil:

Replies

• awkward1
    awkward1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Broccoli chicken. It's my Chinese food standby, usually 300 calories or less per serving and so good!
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Broccoli!! YUM! Moo Goo Gai Pan is good too!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    YUM!! I need to stay out of this forum. Im hungry!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter, you're gonna be hungry again in an hour anyway.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter, you're gonna be hungry again in an hour anyway.

took the words right outta my mouth
  • Soon2BeMrsThomson
    Options
    Chicken and Mushroom in a gravy based sauce like Oyster :-)
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Just watch those portion sizes. You know they usually give you double the rice with chinese.
  • Soon2BeMrsThomson
    Options
    Gosh some people don't half get on their soap boxes - the OP didn't ask for a lecture on chinese food he asked what his best option is.......if you can't answer the question then don't post just to put your 2 pence worth in!!!
  • jodi4861
    jodi4861 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My first post! I was driven to respond!

They usually have a steamed option. I try to get the steamed shrimp and veggies and the garlic sauce or brown sauce on the side. I can lightly dip like when I'm trying to go uber light on salad dressing. You get the taste w/out as much fat and salt.
    I skip the rice because I don't love it and would eat something later on when that 1 hour is up!

Just a thought!
    Jodi (new chick)
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    Maybe try the chinese vegtables and brown rice
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Shrimp with Broccoli...sauce on the side with brown rice.
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Or Hunan Style Bean Curd (aka Tofu) and egg drop or hot and sour soup.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I love grilled teriyaki chicken and fried rice...probably not the healthiest option but SO good! Only...the fried rice from the place I love is made with MSG...and I am apparently very sensitive to MSG. :( I had the fried rice they make specially without MSG and it just didn't taste the same. It has really helped me to stay away from Chinese food. :(

Not that any of this had ANYTHING to do with your question...i'm just still morning my favorite fried rice. :laugh:
  • JenniferInNY
    JenniferInNY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Something steamed -- like steamed shrimp & broccoli, or chicken & broccoli. If you can, keep that white rice portion as small as possible -- it's packed w/ calories and not many nutrients. But good for you for planning ahead! Try entering your planned food & portion size into MFP in advance to see how it will fit in your day.
  • Soon2BeMrsThomson
    Options
    I love grilled teriyaki chicken and fried rice...probably not the healthiest option but SO good! Only...the fried rice from the place I love is made with MSG...and I am apparently very sensitive to MSG. :( I had the fried rice they make specially without MSG and it just didn't taste the same. It has really helped me to stay away from Chinese food. :(

Not that any of this had ANYTHING to do with your question...i'm just still morning my favorite fried rice. :laugh:

I did a detox a few months ago and since then I've not been able to stomach chinese and it's my favourite!! Everytime I have it, makes me ill :-(
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Well, typing all that extra punctuation probably bought you an extra 30-60 calories.

Watch out for the rice!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Gosh some people don't half get on their soap boxes - the OP didn't ask for a lecture on chinese food he asked what his best option is.......if you can't answer the question then don't post just to put your 2 pence worth in!!!

I post only to note that you did not in fact answer the question.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    My first post! I was driven to respond!

They usually have a steamed option. I try to get the steamed shrimp and veggies and the garlic sauce or brown sauce on the side. I can lightly dip like when I'm trying to go uber light on salad dressing. You get the taste w/out as much fat and salt.
    I skip the rice because I don't love it and would eat something later on when that 1 hour is up!

Just a thought!
    Jodi (new chick)

Whats shakin new chick! feel free to friend this awesomely tanned man!!
  • Soon2BeMrsThomson
    Options

I post only to note that you did not in fact answer the question.

Ummmm I think you'll find I did? Please see 2 posts above it.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Beef and broccoli.