Chris Powell's Stax System

Options
I'm away from home a lot during the school year (4 days a week on campus) and I also work over 30 hours a week in a fast food restaurant. I heard about Chris Powell's Reshape the Nation program on Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition and have been researching it for the past two days. I decided that the portion of the website that costs moolah is not worth paying for since I have MFP but I am interested in his portion control system, called the Stax system. Wondering if anyone else has tried this and had success with it? Or even heard of it?

Replies

• InsaneOne
    InsaneOne Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm not part of the Reshape the Nation plan either. It sucks that it costs money.. I bought the stax system three days ago and got it yesterday. I had to send it back unfortuantly due to some broken containers and a broken timer. The screen didn't work. Im waiting for a replacement to come back.. (BodyBuilding.com does it $54 and shipping is much cheaper. Great customer service if anything happens too)

I read the manual and it seemed like a really easy and good plan. There are even cheat days! (two max in a week if I remember, but he wants you to ween yourself down to one cheat day a week). Which is great just keep in mind to not go too crazy.

But here is the summary of the plan catered to lose weight:
    There are three phases.. You stay on a phase until you don't see changes in your body for two weeks. If you don't see any changes you go to the next phase.

For example lets say I'm on phase one which consist of 5 proteins containers and 5 carb containers. I stay on that phase till I don't see any changes to my body for two weeks. Now I have to transition to phase two which (5 protein 3 carb 2 veggies 2 fats) I stay on till I see no changes.. then go the phase three. If phase three doesnt work then I go back to one.. and the cycle continues.
    Hence the terms Carb Cycling. You'll be eating smaller but frequent meals..

Im sure I didn't ned to go into detail with the example but I thought I'd elaborate while Im here.

By the way if your order one and you have a dog.. your dog might not like the timer (lol). My dog got so paranoid of the timer when I turned it on to see if it works. The high pitched beeps must of hurt her ears, poor thing. I felt bad :-/. Other than that, don't expect some high quality lunch box, its so so along with the containers and the timer. Really though what can someone expect when its labled made in china..haha.

Well if you have any questions that I might be able to help you with just add me then message me.
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    A personal trainer friend of mine uses and swears by this system... Thanks for the tips on where to get it! Feel free to friend me and keep me posted on what you think! ;) Colleen
  • InsaneOne
    InsaneOne Posts: 4
    Options
    I returned mines a long while back (didn't get much a chance to use it) and there wasn't a replacement. They said they weren't going to have it on there anymore so I took my refund.

I would of initially ordered from the original site but as a college student 15 dollars just to ship it isn't much of a great deal to me. Though a part me thinks I'd be better off paying that 15 for shipping instead of getting it broken as it came to my door.

What I remember about the product is the whole thing was packaged in plastic so its not like it was tampered it, but most of all the containers came broken. The rims of the containers that is.. they were cracked off.

The timer as much as it frightened my dog, the screen display disappeared after a day.

I love the concept of the product but NOT the quality.

To those who received in non-broken (Im so happy for you all!!)

Other than that, I've been doing just fine eating sensible. I may give it another chance one day to get an actual lunch box when my budget gets better but I've been hovering over a nice kettlebell I wanted to add to my work out regimen..so I may get my kettle bell before another lunch box (stax system).