Master Cleanse = A New Me!

Options
I am a mother of 3 beautiful children and very happily married but I am also about 40 lbs over weight. The end of February I started doing what I did over a year ago to lose weight which was exercise my butt off and count calories, watch my carb intake and not eating anything after 5pm. Well I still couldnt seem to kick my junk food addiction or lose weight no matter how hard I tried and I am such an emotional eater. I woke up one day and felt that I needed a huge change in my life and had to do something to help kick my junk food addiction. So 4 days ago I started the Master Cleanse (lemonade, maple syrup, cayenne pepper)! I have done a ton of research on this cleanse and consulted my Dr. about it. He said it couldnt hurt and would maybe help me get back on track. This cleanse has done wonders for me. I still consume around 1200 calories a day, my mood and energy level has sky rocketed. Yes it has been a challenge but I know that it will be worth it in the end. I am shooting doing it for 10 days as this is how long they say it is suppose to take to cleanse your system. I so far have no cravings for the junk I used to love to eat and I still try and do some form of exercise as often as I can. I know that the Master Cleanse is not for everyone but it is helping to create a new and healthier me and give me a jump start to my path to weight loss and being healthier. I am planning on after the cleanse exercising my butt off, sticking to a healthy, low carb, low sugar, no junk food diet so as to keep the weight off that I lost from doing the cleanse and to continue to lose weight and stay healthy. It is amazing how wonderful your body feels when you eliminate junk food from your diet but I needed something to give me a push to help kick this addiction which the Master Cleanse is doing. So excited and ready to continue on the path to a healthy life :)

Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has, is or is thinking of doing the Master Cleanse? I have had great results and feel wonderful. :)

Replies

• Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Which Master Cleanse are you doing? I have some friends that sware by it but I have never done it.
  • Margentine
    Margentine Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The one with the Maple syrup and lemons ? Cayenne Pepper?

I did it for 10 days and I think it did me good . It helped me develop discipline..helped me realize just how much I think about food each day.

I did it before I began dieting ..it was kinda my set and go point :)
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of 3 beautiful children and very happily married but I am also about 40 lbs over weight. The end of February I started doing what I did over a year ago to lose weight which was exercise my butt off and count calories, watch my carb intake and not eating anything after 5pm. Well I still couldnt seem to kick my junk food addiction or lose weight no matter how hard I tried and I am such an emotional eater. I woke up one day and felt that I needed a huge change in my life and had to do something to help kick my junk food addiction. So 4 days ago I started the Master Cleanse! I have done a ton of research on this cleanse and consulted my Dr. about it. He said it couldnt hurt and would maybe help me get back on track. This cleanse has done wonders for me. I still consume around 1200 calories a day, my mood and energy level has sky rocketed. Yes it has been a challenge but I know that it will be worth it in the end. I am shooting doing it for 10 days as this is how long they say it is suppose to take to cleanse your system. I so far have no cravings for the junk I used to love to eat and I still try and do some form of exercise as often as I can. I know that the Master Cleanse is not for everyone but it is helping to create a new and healthier me and give me a jump start to my path to weight loss and being healthier. I am planning on after the cleanse exercising my butt off, sticking to a healthy, low carb, low sugar, no junk food diet so as to keep the weight off that I lost from doing the cleanse and to continue to lose weight and stay healthy. It is amazing how wonderful your body feels when you eliminate junk food from your diet but I needed something to give me a push to help kick this addiction which the Master Cleanse is doing. So excited and ready to continue on the path to a healthy life :)

Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has, is or is thinking of doing the Master Cleanse? I have had great results and feel wonderful. :)

as in your are only drinking the spicy lemonade? or is this a different master cleanse?
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Wow.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Yes, which Master cleanse are you doing where you still get 1200 calories? Surely not the maple-syrup/lemon/cayanne one? I tried that, when I gave up fast food a few years ago, and it just made me ill.
  • realtreegirl
    Options
    Hey everyone, It is the lemonade, maple syrup, cayenne pepper Master Cleanse!! There are many sites out there with all the information but here is the site I like the best. And yes if you drink the recommended amount of the drink which is about 12 glasses, each glass with the maple syrup has 100 calories. So therefore 12 glasses would have 1200 calories and sometimes when I drink the herbal laxative tea I add a couple teaspoons of maple syrup.

http://themastercleanse.org/
  • misskelli22
    Options
    I have been interested in that so I bookmarked the site you mentioned to read later. Curious though, do you still have enough energy to workout during it? I may want to try it after I use up my green smoothie ingredients I have in the fridge - that can be a cleanse in itself, actually.
  • realtreegirl
    Options
    I have been interested in that so I bookmarked the site you mentioned to read later. Curious though, do you still have enough energy to workout during it? I may want to try it after I use up my green smoothie ingredients I have in the fridge - that can be a cleanse in itself, actually.

While on this cleanse you are not suppose to do strenuous workouts but I it says to still do some form of exercise for example like walking, swimming, riding bike. These are the types of exercises I do and after I am done with the cleanse I will go back to doing exercises like Zumba and going to the Gym.
  • MariarR33
    MariarR33 Posts: 69
    Options
    I did the Master Cleanse last year for 9 days. Could have easily gone for 10, but was going to a chili cook off shortly after and wanted an extra day with real food. IT was an experiance and a journey. I did lose some weight, however didn't keep it off. I didn't really do much afterwards to change my eating habits. For me, it was more a challenge. I do remember chewing on the lemon peels halfway through because I missed chewing food so much. The transition into real food again was awesome!
    I wrote a blog about it. I blogged each day I was on the cleanse and a few weeks after. Feel free to read:
    kmmastercleanse.blogspot.com

Good luck all the way through!
  • stephfilako
    stephfilako Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    In a few months I will be doing this detox/cleanse. It is brand new and a gentle cleanse where you still eat real food throughout. Its 21 days so there is not starvation, no dehydration, and is done eating real foods and meals. If you or anyone is thinking about it, please message me for more details. This is a cleanse where you do NOT workout for the 21 days which is why I am not doing it yet. After I finish my current program I am all over it though! BTW, if you have not seen the movie that is VIRAL right now about how food matters, look at the site for "Hungry for Change" 100% worth a watch!!

Steph
  • realtreegirl
    Options
    In a few months I will be doing this detox/cleanse. It is brand new and a gentle cleanse where you still eat real food throughout. Its 21 days so there is not starvation, no dehydration, and is done eating real foods and meals. If you or anyone is thinking about it, please message me for more details. This is a cleanse where you do NOT workout for the 21 days which is why I am not doing it yet. After I finish my current program I am all over it though! BTW, if you have not seen the movie that is VIRAL right now about how food matters, look at the site for "Hungry for Change" 100% worth a watch!!

http://www.ultimatereset.com/

Steph

Hey this sounds very interesting and am wondering if you could send me the info on it. I like the Master Cleanse and I feel good while doing it but do miss food :) I am always looking for new things to try :)
  • MummyDB
    MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I did it for 7 days 2 months ago. I dropped 3 lbs and kept it off. I too used it as a bit of a kick off to a fresh start. So did go right into regular fitness and counting calories right after. First three dsys I found hard. Headaches and upset stomach. After ther it wasn't too bad. Good luck.
  • realtreegirl
    Options
    I did it for 7 days 2 months ago. I dropped 3 lbs and kept it off. I too used it as a bit of a kick off to a fresh start. So did go right into regular fitness and counting calories right after. First three dsys I found hard. Headaches and upset stomach. After ther it wasn't too bad. Good luck.

Thanks for the positive motivation! :)
  • fatasslosermom
    Options
    I am currently on day nine of the cleanse and I have continued working out. I thought I wouldn't have the energy, but it hasn't been a problem. I actually feel better while I am working out. I feel like I have more energy. It's kind of strange! I mainly run 4-5 miles and do some light weight lifting.
  • fatasslosermom
    Options
    I am on day nine of the Master Cleanse, well kind of. I have to admit that I have cheated a few times. It is so hard not to eat food, especially when you are preparing it for your family. I have had a couple small portions of salmon, one bowl of cereal and a very small piece of chicken! My cheats have been very little, but it was still cheating. Despite this, I am really liking the cleanse so far. I feel so much better each day. I have lost eight pounds so far. I also noticed that it helps with so many things, one being allergies. My allergies really kicked in about two weeks ago and I noticed that when I drink the lemonade, my allergies stop. Apparently it is the cayenne pepper. It's awesome. I am going to use this as a natural remedy rather than taking drugs to help when I have allergy and cold symptoms. Since I cheated a few times early on in the cleanse, I figure I will try to continue it for a bit longer. Every day gets a little easier, so I guess it's downhill from here! However, I may continue to eat 4-8 ounces of salmon each day or every other day for the protein. I read that it's not good to deprive your body of protein and since I am still working out, I don't want to lose muscle mass. See below for a couple links with info regarding the lack of protein in your diet.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/73310-happens-dont-enough-protein-diet/
    http://askville.amazon.com/exersize-eat-protein-day/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=8473615
  • MummyDB
    MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Thanks for the positive motivation! :)
    [/quote

Stumbled on your thread again and found I already commented. LOL. Will read on to see if you posted an update. Hope it went well. Counting by the dates you must be done. Sending you a friend request. :-)
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Laxatives for weight control? Isn't that considered rectal bulimia? This can't possibly be good. I suggest more research.. and by the way, articles on holistic websites don't count.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options

you could also easily and safely lose 3 pounds in 10-14 days while still eating delicious food.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

you could also easily and safely lose 3 pounds in 10-14 days while still eating delicious food.

What she said. Please consider what you're doing to your body!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    You do know that if you wanted to lose weight with this sort of thing, you just need to take in a couple teaspoons of cayenne pepper before going to bed, right? This just pumps you up with sugar to keep you from crashing, and the cayenne does all the work.

Cayenne pepper has properties that will help process out cholesterol and raise your core temperature a degree or two (and therefore raising your BMR temporarily) while shocking your stomach into submission but if you do this kind of thing too long, it will wreck your stomach lining.