NSV

Options
mdsjmom98
mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
I've got two kids, and have had multiple belly surgeries, including one where I was cut from hip bone to hip bone. (hysterctomy) Since then my belly is just huge, and has been hard to lose. I have lost 23 lbs to date, after being with MFP for 2 months. I can see a difference in my butt and legs, and pants I haven't worn in years are now fitting, but don't really see a change in my belly. My NSV may sound a little dorky, but I know some of you can sympathize with me, so I feel I can share with you. I sat down to put my socks on this morning, and usually I'm having to be a contortionist to get them on because of the belly, but today I was able to pull my leg all the way up and reach my foot without feeling like I would pass out. I haven't been able to paint my toes in years, and now I think I will be able to do it. LIke I said, dorky, but nonetheless, a huge NSV for me. Thanks for reading. Good luck to you all on your journeys.

Replies

• rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! That is an amazing NSV! I love ones like these where it's the little things that really count :) You're doing a great job! Keep it up! :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Good for you.
    I had surgery last year and the first few weeks were torture.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am so excited for you! You have lost a lot and things will just keep getting easier!
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    No, I know what you mean. I had a surgery ten years ago that was like a C-section except I wasn't pregnant. It makes the belly flabbier and those muscles just don't react as well as they used to.

I had the same moment of happiness when I was shaving my legs in the tub and realized that I could reach all the way to my ankle without being a contortionist so that I wouldn't cut myself. It's amazing and I'm very happy for you!

Cheers!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I can feel your pain, my stomach and I are worst enemies so I know what great feeling that is.
  • luvgreen25
    luvgreen25 Posts: 202
    Options
    I don't think your NSV is dorky at all. Way to go! Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!