Redesigning My Life

Options
Good afternoon (or at least it is in Georgia!)!

I'm Emily, and I'm determined THIS will be the time that I will lose weight.

I'm finally uber committed for several reasons.

1. I'm tired... of looking into the mirror and seeing the "real me" trapped inside this body.
2. I'm tired... of being overweight.
3. I'm tired... of being lazy in what I prepare to eat.
4. I'm tired... of not showing my two girls (7 and 5) HOW a woman should take care of herself.
5. I'm tired... of not being the wife I was when we first got married.
6. I'm tired... of my mom and my sister constantly looking at me with pity, especially after they go shopping and bring me back clothes.
7. I'm tired... of wearing my wearing my clothes out because I refuse to by new ones in the same or larger size.
8. I'm tired... of being emotionally drained because of my weight.
9. I'm tired... of not putting myself first.
10. I'm tired... of being confused with the teacher down the hall. (Long story)

As you can see I have more than several reasons. I could make my list go on and on.

I'm a wife, mom, daughter, sister, teacher, adviser, and so much more. I know my issue is planning what I will eat and making good food choices AND not overeating the good stuff or the bad stuff!

I'm here. I'm ready.

E

Replies

• nateraemom
    Options
    Hi Emily! It sounds like you have some BIG whys! You can soooo do this!! I'm cheering you on!
  • TriClaudia
    TriClaudia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, Emily! I'm tired of some of the same things -- especially being called by a colleague's name! That made me laugh out loud. So . . . design away!!
  • vomma2
    vomma2 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm tired of many of the same things! Another thing I'm tired of is cropping my photos to try to leave out all the multiple chins and muffins. Pretty soon all I would be able to post is my left eye! Emily, we can and will do this! I just joined this site today and I'm determined to get back to my old self again. I'd glady be your friend if you need some cheering on (I know I do!)
  • emwiegs
    emwiegs Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!

It is amazing how quickly life catches up with you. I knew that I had a weight issue, but I never paid much attention. I just kept buying clothes in the next larger size and blamed it on being a mom of two with lots of work related stress.

I've found these past three days that logging in my food (I haven't gotten to exercise yet) is a great way to stay focused and forces me to do some planning for dinner, and packing my healthy lunch the night before (NO MORE SCHOOL LUNCHES FOR ME!).

Now... If I can just wean myself off of my diet cokes, I'll be in great shape! :)

E
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily!

I LOVE your post! What great reasons to get started on this journey...and you've started at the perfect place...MFP is awesome and full of awesome, supportive, caring people!!

Feel free to add me as a friend for that extra support...and all the best to you!!

Jen
  • MelV1
    MelV1 Posts: 31
    Options
    I am soooo excited for you!! Way to go!!
  • JennATC
    JennATC Posts: 64
    Options
    A list of WHY you want to change is a great start! Welcome aboard! :)
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!

It is amazing how quickly life catches up with you. I knew that I had a weight issue, but I never paid much attention. I just kept buying clothes in the next larger size and blamed it on being a mom of two with lots of work related stress.

I've found these past three days that logging in my food (I haven't gotten to exercise yet) is a great way to stay focused and forces me to do some planning for dinner, and packing my healthy lunch the night before (NO MORE SCHOOL LUNCHES FOR ME!).

Now... If I can just wean myself off of my diet cokes, I'll be in great shape! :)

E

I totally understand! Baby steps though!!

I am working on getting some more processed foods out of my life, but I know that if I do it too fast I will panic. I haven't been able to give up the Diet Coke 100 percent either! I am down from 5 cans a day to maybe 2-3 a week. It is so hard!! It sounds funny but Diet Coke is my comfort food. lol

Congrats on your decision to take care of yourself!
  • KP5555
    KP5555 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great list. sounds like your doing this for all of the right reasons...
    I kicked Diet soda, cold turkey.. about 6 months ago.... I was drinking either 5-6 diet pepsi's or Diet Mt Dew's at work durring an 8 hour shift... now I drink bottled water,,, I don't miss the diet soda at all... Now when I taste the stuff I don't even enjoy the taste of it. I did feel better (healthier) after I quit drinking that stuff... good luck..
  • Dojjin
    Dojjin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Glad you decided to go for a lifestyle change (that's what I call it, diets suck, lol) I had a lot of the same reasons you did (except I'm a Dad). I just started eating balanced and healthy (natural and organic, from meats to snacks) a month ago, it's not hard and it can be easy on the wallet/purse if you do it right.

Anyways, it's always nice to see people start around the same time as one self.

You can do it, don't give in to anything and remember it's OK to cheat on eating every once in a while ^_^.
    Great list. sounds like your doing this for all of the right reasons...
    I kicked Diet soda, cold turkey.. about 6 months ago.... I was drinking either 5-6 diet pepsi's or Diet Mt Dew's at work durring an 8 hour shift... now I drink bottled water,,, I don't miss the diet soda at all... Now when I taste the stuff I don't even enjoy the taste of it. I did feel better (healthier) after I quit drinking that stuff... good luck..

I know exactly what you mean, I too can't stand the taste of soda anymore, taste so fake and gross. I also only drink Water and occasionally 100% Real Juice and again, stopped drinking soda about 4 months ago.
  • changingmai
    Options
    Welcome! You're right, we have to take care of ourselves first before we can shower others with love. :smile:
  • emwiegs
    emwiegs Posts: 4
    Options
    Diet coke is my comfort food, too! :)