Looking for friends to support each other...

Hi there, I´m twentyfive years old vegan, but not a strict one. I do eat occasionally fish and eggs, because i here in my country where i´m from we don´t have much vegan restaurants and i found very hard to find meals what i could eat in normal restaurants. And i do like fish and eggs are fine, i do buy them only from small farmers

. Anyway i need to lost some weight (about 30lb but i would be happy with 18lb which i put on over christmas). So i would be very very pleasant if someone add me as a friend and we could support each other for our goal weight.

And i have one more question. What you are doing in the evening when you need to stop sweet cravings? But with me it is not only sweets. I have feelings after dinner i could eat whole nation and it is not that i´m starving, i´m actually full up, but always wants to eat something else and something more. How I could stop this? What you are doing?

Alice

Replies

• Jill4165
    Jill4165 Posts: 50 Member
    I used to eat really bad at night. Around 8pm I would just want to snack like nobodys business. It took a lot of self control for me to break that habit. I find that if I prepare a healthy dessert for after dinner I am satisfied for the rest of the night and I just close the kitchen down. It also took a lot of just telling myself NO when I would want to go start snacking. I try and distract myself with other tasks in the evening so I dont think about it quite as much. It is certainly a hard habit to break.
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Hi Alice! for sweets craving il have a low fat pudding or a chocolate caramel rice cake! helping me so far and im a sugarholic that's why im so fat not because of foods!
  • mwitt07
    mwitt07 Posts: 77 Member
    Snacking in the afternoon is the hardest thing for me. I eat a good healthy supper and feel full but as soon as it gets dark and I sit in front of the TV I want to eat like crazy. I'm still working at this myself and am interested in what others have to say.
  • Jlfisch
    Jlfisch Posts: 27
    For my sweet cravings I love having fresh fruit with light whip cream, or jello strawberry cheesecake snacks. They are awesome!!
  • cmatos426
    cmatos426 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi :) I am looking to lose around 30lbs to, what I do to stop cravings is have my bottled water by my side at all times if you drink water you become full. You have to become aware with feeling hungry or thinking your hungry because they are different. This is my problem to I eat with my eyes and just my thoughts so I always want something. In reality my stomach is never hungry it's just my head. SO once my head has a craving I wash it away with Water. Could just be me though.lols
  • Candida1983
    Candida1983 Posts: 188
    I would get something sweet that you like to eat that has a low calorie content. You can portion this sweet into the serving sizes in individual baggies, and when you have a snack attack at night, grab a baggie and veg on the couch. You have to have serious control and make yourself not go back for another though, and listen to your body. If you feel full, no more, but if you are still hungry, I would recommend drinking a bottle of water. :smile:
  • Ali65
    Ali65 Posts: 15
    For me it's the carbs...I suggest very small snacks through the day. I go for the apple or fruit for that sweet craving. But breakfast is the most important meal of the day, more protein to help me through the morning.
    Best of luck!
    M
  • Ali65
    Ali65 Posts: 15
    PS...the carbs are damaging for me, that is what I meant to say!
    M
    :-)
  • LubyLu89
    LubyLu89 Posts: 10
    Hello everyone! I am also looking for support and to offer some encouragement to fellow MFPs. Feel free to add me!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    i eat this as well its like 150 calories its so tasty! Jamieson - Slimdown Energy Bar--Almond Coconut, or peanut butter crisp!