WII fit ????

Options
So i came home today and my honey surprised me with a Wii Fit and now im wondering if this thing really works and has anyone seen any results from using it. I want to set it up and give it a try but would love to get some feed back just incase i decide to return it. Does the wii fit really work and help you lose weight???

Replies

• CandaceW
    CandaceW Posts: 73
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but the advanced step done repeatedly for an hour will kick your tail...and your thighs :bigsmile:
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hi There I just started the Wii fit last week it seems to give you a workout but I am not in the best of shape so any work out other than regular daily living type stuff would seem like a work out to me. I know that you start out slow and then work up to different challanges. I have found out through using it that the balance games are very hard and it has made me very awhere af my posture and I know that correct posture hels you build a strong core. I think as one unlocks more (games thru use) that you would get a good work out I combine 20 mins of Wii fit (right know arobics ( the hula hoop game) and step game. then I do 10 mins on Wii Boxing. it can challange you and I have cracked a bit of a sweat. Hope this helps
    Pam:smile:
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    It is OKAY for small bursts of exercise, but not for a total workout. maybe in addition to antother routine? there is so much starting and stopping. It's fun, but not a great workout.

Cindy
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    It works as well as you make it work. You can cheat on it for sure but if you use it to jog or do the hula hoop and step you can really get your heart up.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Maybe thing of it as a bonus- something fun that doesn't replace your exercise routine, but secretly enhances it. -Like something you do that helps out, but isn't "your exercise" for the day.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    So i came home today and my honey surprised me with a Wii Fit and now im wondering if this thing really works and has anyone seen any results from using it. I want to set it up and give it a try but would love to get some feed back just incase i decide to return it. Does the wii fit really work and help you lose weight???

I mostly just jog with it. I think it's great, keeps me out of the heat and bugs! Plus I unlocked the free run, so I can hear the clip clop of my feet jogging, but can watch something else on tv instead of just my little Wii jogging along, so I don't get bored! :happy:
    I also dance to a fast oldies CD and walk too, so the Wii isn't my only form of exercise. But, it's fun! My husband loves it too, though he generally does the sports stuff. :smile:
  • ericawebb11
    Options
    I think the WII Fit is okay, but I really love the EA Active better. I feel like it's much more personal to you and what you need to do and you DEFINITELY break a sweat doing the EA Active workouts and everyday it's a different routine so you don't get bored with it... I usually do a 30 minute workout and it says I burn about 280-300 calories, don't know how acurate it is so I always just say 200 calories but it's still fun and better than sitting on the couch =]
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    How would you log that into the exercise part??? Would that be considered Aerobics ??
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Maybe thing of it as a bonus- something fun that doesn't replace your exercise routine, but secretly enhances it. -Like something you do that helps out, but isn't "your exercise" for the day.

That's how I play it. It's a fun game that'll make you sweat a bit. I do use the Wii-fit body test for my "real" weigh-ins 'cause it's hyper accurate and repeatable.

I like to knock out 20 minutes of advanced step. Planning to make or buy a riser to get the thing a little higher in the air. That'll up the intensity.