Problems, what to do?

Options
Hello :) Feel free to add me as a friend.

Ok so I've been having great success on this program this time around. I custom set my calories to high protein/low carbs and only 1300 calories. I work out about 30 to and 60mins a day, 5 to 6 days a week. I have tons of energy and am not hungry at all, feel thats important to know.

My Problem:
I do try to eat all my snacks but if I'm not hungry or really crazy at work I don't see its time to eat, so sometimes snacks get missed. Then I work out when I get home and make a healthy dinner, but dinner isn't till about 830pm cause my roomate doesn't get out of work till 8 and I usually have dinner ready for him (I know I'm to sweet). I don't snack before bed but sometimes I find I haven't had all my calories. Again I'm not hungry and that late at night I don't want to snack, even if its on fruit or veggies. I don't work out in the am cause I like my sleep,lol, but I'm thinking I might have to start getting up in the am to go running or walking. IDK what to do about the missed snacks and left over calories. Any ldeas or should I just not worry about it till the scale stops going in the down direction?

Thanks for the ideas :)

Replies

• SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    It's okay I wouldn't worry about it unless it like a 500 plus calorie deficit on a regular basis. If your body needs it, you'll be hungry unless your having other issues like stress or depression. good luck
  • Ali65
    Ali65 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am not a morning person...I love my sleep! Mother of 3 does that to you...LOL!
    M
  • Ali65
    Ali65 Posts: 15
    Options
    Sorry...include the snacks, that has helped me manage my last meal intake and drink your water. Hope that helps!
    M
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    if you have snack calories built into your plan but are not snacking just plan to eat more calories during your meal times. It is best to eat all your alloted calories and it's a myth that your body will tell you when it is hungry since you can simply get use to eating less volume and feel satisfied.

If it's a time management issue remember that taking a break for a snack doesn't mean you actually have to stop working. I often take a snack break while working on my patient notes by keeping nuts or protien bars within reach of my computer. I've been there before in fact my problem was I would get so caught up in my work I would forget to eat lunch.

most doctors do not recommend going below 1200 calories so if you're not hitting your goal of 1300 by just a few calories don't sweat it but if you're below the 1200 bench mark you might consider adjusting your strategy.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Its about finding a balance that works for your life. If snacking isn't working, find a way to add a little to one of your earlier meals. I've started looking at the whole thing as a fueling issue. If I have a big workout planned, there is no way I'm going to replace 1000+ calories after so I up my cals (in a healthy high protien way) at lunch and have a snack on the way to the workout. For me portability is key, dried or fresh fruits, nuts, bars whatever, if it can't go in my desk or in my gym bag it doesn't really work for me. This was a tough lesson, I'd plan do have this or that, but not have time and then my workouts would suffer and I'd be starving and sluggish after. Not a good combination. Good luck, add if you'd like.