Starting Over

Options
I'm starting over again. I had lost a significant amount of weight and gained about 1/2 of it back. I am anxious to have the accountability that MFP offers and make long lasting life changes. I so desperately want this to work!

Replies

• CynDoll
    CynDoll Posts: 3
    Options
    Just joined and from New Brunswick , Canada =)
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    "If you are tired of starting over, quit giving up" That isn't my quote... I read it the other day and liked it.
  • katB_83
    katB_83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well done for coming back - i find MFP amazing, i dont think i could not use it anymore
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard - congrats on the weight you lost before. You can do it!!!
  • rnunis
    rnunis Posts: 1
    Options
    I totally understand. I am starting over too. We can do it!! I
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You obviously have what it takes to make those lifestyle changes, and MFP is a wonderful tool to get you there. And, the members are incredibly supportive. Good luck on your journey, and feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. :flowerforyou:
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You can do this. The most important key to success as far as I'm concerned, is the ability to forgive yourself when you fall short. If you can do that, you will pick right back up where you left off at the next meal. If you can't do that, you will get discouraged and quit again. Find a way to forgive yourself. OH, and until you hit your comfort zone, ignore the food police. Eat what you have to eat in order to not feel deprived if it works into your food budget. Then gradually make healthier selections as you go. If you try to do it all at once, you are setting yourself up for failure. Add a handful of friends, preferrably one who will be honest with you without being overly judgemental or harsh, and make your journal public. Nothing like accountability to keep us on track. Good luck. You can do this!
  • yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm always a little self conscious about my "joined" date, since it seems that I haven't made huge progress, but I've found that this site is incredibly helpful when I choose to use it. There's a poem called, "There's a Hole in My Sidewalk" by Portia Nelson that you might find interesting.

http://www.inspirationline.com/rss/10OCT2005.htm

I think I'm on Chapter Three in my journey. Best of luck to you.
  • newfiechick61
    newfiechick61 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    and welcome. I just love the my fitness pal. By using it faithfully it is making me stick to my diet.

Corinne
  • Schrieebee
    Options
    Everyday is a new day,,,...we cant change what happened in the past. Move forward and keep looking forward and your eye on the end results....not how you messed up last week, or even the last meal you ate that you cheated on. Congrats on taking the steps to get you "back" to being healthy! :smile:
  • jeeping_mom
    Options
    I'm starting over too after an injury. I gained back all the weight I lost last year :(

Anyway - instead of a pity party, I'm jumping right back into this. We can do it!

I only have 3 friends - I need people to add me :D
  • ppslucy
    ppslucy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm thinking of trying it one more time. I really don't understand all the bells and whistles about MFP but it is a great FREE support for us.
  • inkydnk3
    inkydnk3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can make it work. You'll do great:)
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!
  • tykutter
    tykutter Posts: 1
    Options
    I know how you feel. I lost a lot and then gain a little back, and now by using MFP its been a steady weight loss journey. I started a month ago and now, as of today, I am 14 lbs less. :) I am excited everyday when I see 5 week weight loss goal after I log in my food log everyday. I am glad to see you are back on track and looking forward to more people getting healthy. :)
  • thin4good
    Options
    Welcome. Congrats on your original weight loss. Don't beat yourself up about gaining a few pounds back. I too gained a few pounds back before returning to MFP. I like christileigh's quote about never giving up. I agree with the comment of accountability too. That was a big contributor for my success. I had a friend whom I discussed my food diary and exercised regularly with. We weighed in every week. I did great then they moved out of town. I exercised less then the holiday came, along with a few extra pounds. Then someone gave me a great tip. When you find yourself giving up and gaining a few pounds back, fill two bags of 5-10 pounds of sand or use 5 lb of flour/sugar. Walk around caring these for a while. I couldn't believe how bad my hip and knees felt. I actually carried more than that amount of weight before my wieght loss. It got me motivated again.
    You did it once. You can do it again! I'm finding that there's a lot of great support here on MFP. Feel free to freind me.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I like to see it as a continued journey, where you pulled off the road for a bit. Now you're back on your way!
    Oh yeah, me too:laugh:
    FR sent!
  • bradspace
    bradspace Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm climbing back on the horse myself. Too much idle time and easy access to food while I was unemployed coupled with a lack of gym membership during that period has done it's damage. So, I'm doing the only thing that I can do that's productive. Back to the gym and MFP. Hope your newest round is a success!
  • 71Hoops
    71Hoops Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I lost 106lbs and now I have gained all but 30 of it back. I just joined this site yesterday and started all over again with exercise etc. As someone told me LIFE HAPPENS and that is indeed what happened to me but I also like what the other lady said on your page if you're tired of starting over quit giving up. This has to be a life style change for me not just a mission to simply lose weight and then go hog wild again. GOOD NEWS your back and we both did it before can do it again. Congrats and always be encouraged.