sooo wanting to be thinner but struggling...

Options
since my foot surgury on the 11th i've not been able to do ANY proper exercise and i'm really starting to feel guilty about it cos i've not changed at all in those 6 days and i'm still so eager to lose more inches... and it's starting to affect my confidence :frown:

I know i should just be concentrating on repairing and getting better but it gets abit lonely and boring sumtimes jus having to rest and not walk too much. and when your doing that its hard not to eat! lol... i just dont know how i can keep aiming for my goal when i can't do any cardio for at least another 2 weeks and find it hard to even walk on my off days. im just not sure how i can keep upbeat when it comes to my weight loss and i'd love some advice from u guys if u have any thoughts on this...

:heart: Emma

Replies

• getfitter2009
    Options
    Hey Emma

You are right, you must focus on repairing first, as if you dont you may be out even longer. But i was thinking maybe you can use the hand bikes (at most gyms) for your cardio workouts which means you can still rest your foot and burn loads of calories. you could also do light weight training (Upper body) which will also burn calories for you. This will still help you to reach your goal and then when your foot is better you can resume your normal training routine.

Where there's a will, there's a way !!!!

I hope this helps

All the best
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Being injured is the pits! I'm sorry about that! I know that it can definitely mess with your mood and motivation, especially when it keeps you from exercising.

Focus on getting healed up and I think that upper body work like the hand cycling and strength training is a great idea. I don't know if your surgery allows, but swimming may also be a nice low impact good work out. (If you can swim, I sink like a rock!)

Two weeks sounds like forever, but you'll bounce back soon. Hang in there. :flowerforyou:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I agree with others - strength versus cardio now. Also a good time to focus on food habits, or exploring with cooking new healthy meals to keep your diet fun and widespread.