Need to loose a lot, many health problems

Options
I need to figure out what kind of excersizes I am capable of. I actually ahve quite a few healthe problems, which is what makes excersing tricky.

-Pretty bad asthma
-depression and Severe Anxiety issues (as in anxiety attacks if I dont take medicine)
-Way overweight
-have to get surgery on knees and ankles
-breathing problems
-Hyperflexivity in MOST of my joints
-very strong calf muscles that are often in pain -
sleep insomnia
-hypothyroidism
-severe back pain along with scoliosis
-lactose and tolerant
-allergic to any type of nut
-always seem to be dehydrated

The main problems I am worried about are the hyperflextivity in most of my joints and the asthma. Which is the cause of why I need to get surgery on both of my knees and ankles. I wear braces on all four but they arent always completely helping. As well my calves are very large. I used to play softball fro over 15 years, making them larger than a normal person. I have to get some of teh muscle removed in surgery from how large they are.

So what kind of excersizes would people recomend for me?

Replies

• ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I recommend you ask your doctor this.
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I would start with very light walking, and always keep your rescue inhaler close. Maybe very gentle beginner's yoga to stretch and get limber. I can't offer specific advice, and if you can talk to your HCP (health care provider) about this, maybe he/she could offer suggestions. But brisk walking is always a pretty good start.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    As well my calves are very large. I used to play softball fro over 15 years, making them larger than a normal person.

Really? I've never noticed softballers having larger calves. I've seen them having larger THIGHS but not calves. Mine are quite shapely tbh.

Walking and/or swimming would be best. But I really would echo talking to your doctor for their expert opinion.

If you need to lose weight 80-90% of it is what you put in your mouth. Eat well to lose weight, exercise for health.
  • cizzysweet
    Options
    Yes really. I have talked to the doctor about it and they said that softball was the main cause of it. I did many positions including:

Shortstop, catcher, all outfield positions and 3rd base. I was a very fast runner and often hit the ball. I was told that it was most likely all of the running I did, and for how long did it.