I'm still here.. and still losing

Options
I can't seem to find my original post.. but I am still here. To date.. it has been about a month and a half. Maybe less.. I have lost about 6.5 pounds. and lots more in inches. It feels good.

Replies

• denimangel
    denimangel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to find my original post.. but I am still here. To date.. it has been about a month and a half. Maybe less.. I have lost about 6.5 pounds. and lots more in inches. It feels good.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Keep up the good work!
  • tdroseler
    tdroseler Posts: 165
    Options
    way to go!!!!
    i love seeing other peoples sucesses, it really supercharges me to doing whatever i can to suceed as well
  • sanlin20
    sanlin20 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    hisangle:
    Off topic, but original posts are easy to find now. Just click on "My Topics" under Community.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations and keep up the great work!!!
  • GERMAINE
    Options
    HI I'M NEW. WAY OVER WEIGHT AND GETTING ON TRACK THIS TIME I'M 54 YEARS OLD WITH A ZERO FUNCTION THYROID AND LIVING WITH THE PAINFUL EFFECT OF A CAR ACCIDENT 2 YRS AGO. YOUR SUCESS REPORT GIVES IN THE ENCOURAGEMENT I NEED. KEEP IT COMING
    GERM
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear success stories! What was your original weight and your goal weight? I have been working out for a month and I haven't seen that much progress. What are you doing for exercise and calorie plans?
  • denimangel
    Options
    :smile: My original weight when I started on myfitnesspay was about 146 my goal weight is 135. I originally started my weight loss in 2003 when i had reached my all time high of 170. I'm only 5'3" tall so that was a lot of weight for me. By the same time in 2004 I had lost 30 pounds.. and i have been stuck between 140 -150 since then. Of course having had injuried my knees didn't help any since I couldn't exercise or anything.. I had my surgery in Dec '06 and was doing great until I re-tore a ligament in my left knee at work. I have had to modify my workout routine a bit so I am not jumping or putting excess pressure on my knee but I do areobics every other morning and strength training the other days. I have put my calorie goal at 1030 calories a day.. and I try to stay active and moving as much as possible. I am waiting for the day I finally get below 140 then I'll feel like I have finally broken my plateau.
  • denimangel
    Options
    Someone give me some suggestions!!!! For 2 weeks now I have not lost anything.. I have weighed the same. I'm increasing my exercise and my calories are okay... so what do I do now!!! I'm getting frustrated!!
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Add in another two glasses of water a day and some green tea! :drinker:
    You could also change up your exercise routine, rather than doing more. Try something different in your exercise routine as your body gets used to doing the same thing.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Bump up your calories 200 calories or more and see if that helps. It could be that you are not eating enough. Also we need to stagger our calories. If we eat the same amount of calories every day our metabolism will set it’s self to that amount to maintain our weight.
    I hit a plateau that lasted 6 weeks. I cried but I didn’t give up. I went and found help. I lost the rest of my weight and reached my goal. The closer I got to my goal weight the more plateaus I had. There are no two way about it plateaus suck big time.
    Hang in there this will pass and you will reach your goal. :flowerforyou:
  • denimangel
    Options
    I DID IT!!!!!! I broke thru my plateau... :bigsmile: Only about 8 lbs more to lose and I'll be at my goal weight!!! Although now my husband says I'll want a new wardrobe!!! Maybe!! I wore a skirt to work on Friday that I could just pull off without unbuttoning or unzipping it. What a great feeling!!! I hope everyone else is doing great too!! this program has really helped me. I am soooooooooo glad I found it. thanks everyone for your support!!!:happy:
  • littlespoon
    Options
    I DID IT!!!!!! I broke thru my plateau... :bigsmile: Only about 8 lbs more to lose and I'll be at my goal weight!!! Although now my husband says I'll want a new wardrobe!!! Maybe!! I wore a skirt to work on Friday that I could just pull off without unbuttoning or unzipping it. What a great feeling!!! I hope everyone else is doing great too!! this program has really helped me. I am soooooooooo glad I found it. thanks everyone for your support!!!:happy:

Sorry, posted it by accident before I wrote anything. read the next one please...
  • littlespoon
    Options

I too am having the same problem these past two weeks. Can you tell me if you did anything in particular to "break thru"? I would appreciate it.
  • myrandablack
    Options
    HI I'M NEW. WAY OVER WEIGHT AND GETTING ON TRACK THIS TIME I'M 54 YEARS OLD WITH A ZERO FUNCTION THYROID AND LIVING WITH THE PAINFUL EFFECT OF A CAR ACCIDENT 2 YRS AGO. YOUR SUCESS REPORT GIVES IN THE ENCOURAGEMENT I NEED. KEEP IT COMING
    GERM

hi i'm myranda, i'm a teenager betweed 16-18 and (my doctor said it was safe for me to use this site)
    64lbs overwieght, with little to nothing thryoid funtions as well. i have alot of heath problems, i have lost and gained weight, in major scales, and it's time for me to finally do it right. i take levothryoxin, but i haven't got my blood work done in five months so my thryoid is close to failed again. if you need anybody to talk to or support you i'm here. i know how the stupid thryoid can effect health. i also don't have a gaul bladder. so if anyone has health problems that get on their nerve i'm here. you can do it, and i can do it right this time.
    (i've had a problem with anerxia in my past)
    myranda:heart:
  • myrandablack
    Options
    good
    i glad for you :happy:
    i thought everyone here should know this though
    i hope your eating over 1199. anything less than that your body goes into starvation mode, and eventually it could turn into anerixia.

your hypothalamus is an organ in your head that monitors the level of suar and fat in your bloodstream. when your suar and/ or fat level gets low, your hypothalamus take step to make you want to eat so you'll get more sugar and/or fat.

the first step your hypothalamus take is to have your stomach cramp up and growl in order to signal you to start eating. once you eat, your blood sugar level goes back up to normal.

if you don't start eating within a certain amount of time, your hypothalamus goes to plan b. it has the extra sugar stored in you liver taken out and dumped into your blood stream. then your blood sugar goes back up to normal for a while until supplies run out.

if you still don't eat, your hypothalamus goes to plan c. it has your enzymes start breaking down whatever is in your body that can most easily be broken down. they convert this stuff into sugar, with gets dumped into your blood stream. then your blood sugar goes back up to normal.

the hypothalamus does a very important job. it makes it hard for people to starve to death, even if food is scarce. it breaks down muscel before fat becuase it's easier to break down, so if you where having problems losing weight before, that is why. anything under 1200 calories is really unhealthy for people to eat in a day. your body will think you are in a life threatining food shortage and burn you muscel for sugar.
  • denimangel
    Options
    littlespoon....I continued to watch my diet.. added in a few more fruits and vegies and upped the amount of exercise I did. It took me 3 years of staying at my "plateau weight" and going up and back to my plateau weight...I was getting discouraged but I kept at it.. and it paid off. Keep it up and you will eventually break thru. Keep me posted.
  • littlespoon
    Options
    littlespoon....I continued to watch my diet.. added in a few more fruits and vegies and upped the amount of exercise I did. It took me 3 years of staying at my "plateau weight" and going up and back to my plateau weight...I was getting discouraged but I kept at it.. and it paid off. Keep it up and you will eventually break thru. Keep me posted.

Thanks for that - i have tried and tried to get to 1200 calories and I just cant. I eat very healthy and the things i eat seem to fill me up and keep me that way! I tried having a snack between lunch and dinner, and then I just couldnt eat dinner at all. I average 850-950 calories per day(that doesnt take into account exercise), but I'm not lethargic, i dont have headaches, I dont feel hungry - so I am figuring that my body is happy with what I am putting into it. I dont see the point in stuffing myself with anymore food than I want, i think thats how people put on weight in the first place. My weight gain was not from the amount I was eating, it was just the things I was eating (if you know what I mean). I think I just need to exercise more. I have lost 6.5lbs since starting this on 6th October. Will keep you posted!
  • denimangel
    Options
    :smile:
    Littlespoon,
    Very seldom do I eat more than about 900 calories a day either.. and like you I'm not hungry. My biggest meal of the day is breakfast, which is usually a smoothy made with yogurt and fruit and a tiny bit of juice, a cup of green tea (I drink lots of green tea in a day), and oatmeal (1/4 cup uncooked) with some brown sugar splenda. I try to alternate between aerobics and weight training every day.. some days I do both. I find that if I eat tangerines half way thru my morning it gets me thru to lunch and then i don't over eat at lunch time. As I said i drink lots of green tea and water every day. HOpe this helps some. Lets keep each other posted. Where are you? I'm in Saskatchewan Canada.
  • littlespoon
    Options
    :smile:
    HOpe this helps some. Lets keep each other posted. Where are you? I'm in Saskatchewan Canada.

HisAngel: - I dont know how to start a new post, so I hope you see this one!

I did alot of research and self experimentation into this starvation mode and decided to push to eat
    more (definitely over 1000 calories per day, but still rarely to 1200) and I have started to lose it again! I have lost 6.5lbs in about 3 weeks - i cant believe the difference eating more took! So hilarious considering some days I have had to have a kids macdonalds cheeseburger meal to make up my calories (or an extra glass of wine - haha) when I avoided those things for so long! A big bottle of flavoured water is 80 calories also, so I am getting my water AND adding those calories on!
    Much happier and much relieved!