HCG Diet anyone???

Anyone using this method of dieting???? Im poking the bees nest...Dont use it but a friend is and I'm very sfraid for her.

Replies

• lottabody1
    lottabody1 Posts: 36 Member
    I did it and had great results, I was under a Dr.'s care, and
  • signgrrrl
    signgrrrl Posts: 74 Member
    What are you currently doing?
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 453 Member
    I believe it's against the site rules to discuss the HCG diet since the Feds banned the supplements.
  • lottabody1
    I did and lost 32 pounds in 4 weeks, I was under a weight loss Dr.'s care. I lost 18 pounds of fat, especially around my belly area, I am now in a size 10 comfortably. I had no side effects
  • lottabody1
    you can only be on it for 40 days, with a 500 cal diet, then after that you introduce carbs, and you or on a 1200-1500 cal. diet to maintain, I have been off for over a month and continue to lose fat, I just went yesterday for an update, and I have not gained the weight back, everybody always have things to say, but you have to do or try what's best for you. good luck
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    My doctor had some of her nurses try it, but it gave no better results than her normal diet. She never offered it to patients as far as I know. Not worth the money!

It's dangerous if not done under doctor's care. I know it's available OTC, but that does not make it safe. Eating ultra-low calorie diets without direct medical supervision AND adding a drug like that is a recipe for a heart attack!
  • I lost about 40 pounds on hCG last year and ended up gaining about 15 back. The first round was great. Then every time I tried to do additional rounds, I failed miserably. It was way too restrictive for me. Also, in between rounds, I would lose enormous amounts of hair.

I've since switched over to the Body by Vi 90-Day Challenge. Like it MUCH MUCH MUCH better.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    I did and also had great results. I lost over 70 pounds and felt great. No bad side effects at all. I am currently working out and lifting weights to lose my last 50
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    500 cal/day diet........insanity.
  • masigirl
    masigirl Posts: 16
    I'm currently on the HCG diet and have lost 8 lbs in 7 days.. I'm under a Dr.s care while doing this diet.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Hcg is dangerous and 50% of your weight loss will be lean muscle mass which means a slower metabolism and it will be much easier to gain the weight back. I have helped many people repair their metabolisms after this program which takes months to do so.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Very dangerous, and everyone I've known to try it gained all the weight back :noway:

Eat a little less, eat BETTER food, move your body for at least 30 minutes a day. That is the only thing that TRULY works.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Hcg is dangerous and 50% of your weight loss will be lean muscle mass which means a slower metabolism and it will be much easier to gain the weight back. I have helped many people repair their metabolisms after this program which takes months to do so.

Sometimes years to repair actually.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    I know people who've done this, tried it for maybe a week myself and hated it. I know there are nasty side effects possible and you're supposed to have extra B12. Keep an eye on your friend and encourage her to try a healthier way to lose!
  • Onesnap

*bows*

Actually, I should preface that by saying if any FAD DIET really truly worked and kept the weight off we would not be a nation of obese individuals.
  • Onesnap
    I know people who've done this, tried it for maybe a week myself and hated it. I know there are nasty side effects possible and you're supposed to have extra B12. Keep an eye on your friend and encourage her to try a healthier way to lose!

I would say duct tape this friend to a chair and make them stop. If you are a true friend you will force them out of it.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    What COULDN'T be great/healthy/reliable about a plan that involves hormone-infested horse piss?:noway:

I swear, people will buy ANYTHING in a fancy wrapper.
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    It wasn't bad during and according to the tests I didn't lose any muscle mass...... but as soon as I got off of it I was constantly hungry and I just gained it all back.
This discussion has been closed.