Protein Powder w/o Artificial Sweetener

Options
Spanaval
Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
Does such a thing exist? Any recommendations for something that tastes decent as well? My current one has sucralose (IIRC), and it's way too sweet and leaves an aftertaste that is still there hours (and many meals/snacks) later.

Replies

• DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Pure Protein Whey Protein has the least I've found...it does have "fructose" listed but it is way down on the list and says its sweetened with Stevia.

I like the Triple Chocolate Shake. Walmart $9.97 per can.
  • JimandLin
    JimandLin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Naturade makes a great one. I found it at a local health food store.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I currently use Designer Whey French Vanilla, it has stevia- it's not too sweet. I usually toss it in the blender with fruit.
  • cassuccino
    cassuccino Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb has Stevia but that's it. And Stevia isn't artificial so... =) I love his protein powders. They taste great!! =)
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    The gal on bodyrock sells one that is flavorless and has no sweeteners. You can also do egg whites that are pasturized or powdered egg whites.....
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb has Stevia but that's it. And Stevia isn't artificial so... =) I love his protein powders. They taste great!! =)

I second this!! I have felt great since using the Jay Robb protein powders..
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I believe About Time is...

http://www.tryabouttime.com/
  • ckidd311
    ckidd311 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use Dymatize All-natural Chocolate protein powder. If you get this one, make sure you order the "all natural" one... the other version has artificial sweetener in it. It's definitely one of the best tasting protein powders I've had.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dym/elitenatural.html
  • maureen173
    maureen173 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I use Arbonne's Chocolate Protein Shake, and I love it. No artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors. One serving has 20g of protein, and is it vegan too (no whey protein), as far as know, the only one out there without dairy. The protein source is from cranberry, rice and green pea, so it's highly digestible. I combine it with their Fiber Boost, and it totally fills you up as a meal. I have an ID number, so if you want to order some, I can help you. Good luck!
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    the best tasting ones I have found are body fortress. I am not a fan of the fake sugar either.
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Now Sports natural 100% whey isolate (unflavored, unsweetened)

I LOVE this stuff. It's pricey but top quality with nothing added.

I'm about to buy 10lbs from Amazon for $100. Figure it should last me around 6 months. I paid ~$16 for my 1.2 lb jars.
  • WorkingMyButtOff
    Options
    bump
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I use Shakeology. Stevia in that. I like that is has more nutrients than most others.
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    I use Jarrow's brown rice and whey protein powders. Both are stock with nothing in them so I mix in my own fruits and stevia (if needed).
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Life's Basics Plant Protein & Vega are my faves
  • 87missc87
    87missc87 Posts: 41
    Options

I second this!! I have felt great since using the Jay Robb protein powders..

I agree! :smile:
  • vjlawren
    vjlawren Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Solgar Whey To Go Natural Vanilla Flavor is unsweetened and pretty good

http://www.solgar.com/SolgarProducts/Whey-To-Go-Protein-Powder-Natural-Vanilla-Flavor.htm