Just starting out.

Options
gsrader
gsrader Posts: 13 Member
I'm just starting here, and have a lot of weight to lose. There's no reason why I can't. Well...one. I have a snacking issue. If I'm at home, I don't do it. At work...I nibble constantly. Apparently, I'm not engaged enough in what I do, and I get bored. Meanwhile, I snack. Maybe with other people around, I can stop doing that!

Replies

• goalgal55
    Options
    Hey. I'm just starting out too. I was constantly nibbling on the job, and couldn't stop. Then I lost my job! So now I'm home and I realized I was nibbling due to stress. It's so much easier being home and controlling my stress -- although soon I have to find a job. If it helps, I sometimes use HALT to stop. I ask: Am I Hungry? Angry? Lonely? Tired? Then I try to address it before I put something in my mouth. Good luck.
  • egiakatt
    egiakatt Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have a nibbling issue sometimes too. I changed what I nibble on and that helps. Instead of candy and chips, etc... I go for strawberries, cucumbers, red bell peppers and that sort of thing. Good luck to you! And YES you can do this :))
  • ZHawk1123
    ZHawk1123 Posts: 215
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it!
  • isLillyMarieS
    Options
    I just started this things 3 days ago. I work at Taco Bell and love snacking on the nachos and nacho chease. When food is right there at my fingertips I cant seem to stop munching. I finally realized that I had gained 20lbs since I started working there. I now take a lunch box which all my coworkers laughed at me for.... now everyone there is bringing a lunch box and on diets. guess Im a trend setter. Btw, my manager has a batman lunch box.... now thats funny.