Resistance Band Users, how do you record?

Options
Just got a set of bands, recommended by my doctor for some strength training, and have gleaned quite a bit from this site re: different routines and exercises. Question: how do you record your workouts in MFP (I'm guessing under strength training)... I've only done cardio up til now, and just wondering how to record this. I do not have a HRM.. so no idea what my calories burned would be.

thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you don't have a heart rate monitor, I would log it under strenth training. That's what I did in the past before I bought one, and it was pretty close for accuracy.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I put it as calisthenics.
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    If you are doing a higher rep range (light resistance) then I suggest adding it as a poster above suggested - calisthenics.

If you truly are challenging yourself (heavy resistance) then I would log it as 'strength training' under the cardiovascular options.
  • amoslionhorse
    Options
    so this doesn't go under strength training? (confused)

you put it under Cardio as strength training? and then just how many minutes you did it?
  • amoslionhorse
    Options
    i think i get it.. i was hoping for a list of exercises to choose from under the heading STrength training.. but i am not familiar enough with what each exercise is called (lateral lifts etc.. )

so to summarize: the best is to go under Cardio choices.. and choose either calisthenics or strength training x how many minutes in total... got it. thanks!