Holy Crap Water Weight!

Options
Okay weighed in this morning after a weekend of entirely too much salt, carbs and drinks and gained 5 lbs since Saturday morning. WHAT! This is new for me, a little bit here and there but never this much! I am officially in detox, nothing but water, veggies and meat for the next few days. Trying to not get discouraged but jeez!

Replies

• Tajdancer
    Tajdancer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    No, don't get discouraged! It happens; salt is wicked stuff! A couple of weeks ago the same thing happened to me--5 lbs of water weight due to eating pizza for 3 days straight.

It was gone by Wednesday. :happy:
  • RyLaneB
    RyLaneB Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened here.:grumble: Yesterday was a big day, Easter with extended family, a trip to the winery with my sister n laws, dinner at our favorite Mexican place with our best friends...splitting a pitcher of margaritas of course! Even with the 5 mile bike ride, the scale was not pretty this morning, but I will just go back to "normal"...healthier food and water...and hoping it will be warm enough to get the tiny nieces out for a walk later. Don't get discouraged, just keep going!! Mine will be gone in a day or 2 and I will be back on track, I'm sure the same will happen for you! :flowerforyou:
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Just go back to your usual eating regimen, and keep in mind that this is not a longterm gain, only temporary. There have been several times I have got upset over a similar gain, sometimes within a 24 hour period, and it was gone within a week.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    That's why I only weigh in on Wednesdays. Sure I check my weight through the week, but I used to get very upset at my weight fluctuations. I find that when I weigh on Wednesdays, I've had enough time to re-balance myself and usually even lose weight every week. But if I judged by Mondays, my "Weight loss" graph would look like this:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

heehee. Happy Monday. Drink lots of water!
  • ChocolateisCrack
    ChocolateisCrack Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I used to let this stuff drive me nuts, but the day before I am going to weigh in for the week I drink lots of water, eat bananas and avocados and other fruits to drive the extra water out of my system, works great!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Yep. 3.5 lbs for me this morning too. I have had 5lb weekends though.

You don't need to starve yourself. The issue isn't calories. Give it a couple of days and lots of water.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    same thing here last weekend! It has taken til today to lose 4 of those 5 stinking pounds that appeared in 2 days. EHH!

Edited to add: My point is, it stinks, but hang in there, it will go away! :)
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    That's why I only weigh in on Wednesdays. Sure I check my weight through the week, but I used to get very upset at my weight fluctuations. I find that when I weigh on Wednesdays, I've had enough time to re-balance myself and usually even lose weight every week. But if I judged by Mondays, my "Weight loss" graph would look like this:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

heehee. Happy Monday. Drink lots of water!

Hilarious and a good idea. Though I weigh every day I think I'l commit to only posting/updating on Wednesdays. Otherwise my graph would give me vertigo!
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    Same thing happened to me! LOL! I know I have lost weight because clothes are so much looser but WOW....salt is a wicked thing! I have started using Celtic Salt...full of minerals and vitamins. Better for you than regular sea salt. Makes a difference too!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I watched my sodium this week and I gained 1.5lbs. It's all in the mind - my subconscious was trying to get the 69 back, I think.
  • cansnchloe
    cansnchloe Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Okay whew... two days later and it's back off! Yikes that scared me into behaving much better on the weekends. Maybe I need to calm down on my free days.
  • Tajdancer
    Tajdancer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yay!:drinker:
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I ate a half a jar (big jar) of pickles the other day...not only did I gain 3 lbs, my legs blew up to tree stump status!! My weight did go back down...but those darn pickles taunt me, I can never eat just one. :)