Protein Powder w/o Artificial Sweetener

Options

Replies

• lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi has such a miniscule amount! Delicious!
  • frumpytofit
    Options
    Bluebonnet....I ordered this and look forward to trying....
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    There doesn't appear to be an overlap between the recommendations here and the 'un-recommendations' in the worst protein powder thread. I'm going to look at several of these, and hopefully can find something that will taste good, has the right nutrient balance and comes in small enough quantities I can actually try before investing in a giant tub.
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    Bluebonnet....I ordered this and look forward to trying....

I think you will like it. Just as any of the others...it won't taste like a milk shake, but I'm sure it could be jazzed up in a blender (I just shake mine with water). The main seller for me was all natural, and no after taste!
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love the Jay Robb protein powders. They taste amazing and nothing artificial. :happy:
  • jpinge
    jpinge Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Pure Protein Whey Protein has the least I've found...it does have "fructose" listed but it is way down on the list and says its sweetened with Stevia.

I like the Triple Chocolate Shake. Walmart $9.97 per can.
    this is what I use too...i hate artificial sweeteners and the after taste...this one doesn't bother me at all
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I use the natural flavor from Bio Sports. It's just whey, no added sugars or sweeteners of any sort. Don't know how it would taste in just water, but it's fine mixed in a glass of milk or non-dairy milk (like almond). And it's great added to smoothies, just makes them a little creamier.
  • pyroxian
    pyroxian Posts: 99
    Options
    Teraswhey is good but expensive, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Natural is good and cheaper but higher carb/calorie since its fructose sweetened.
    I went through this same search last year and ended up settling on the ON Gold Natural for the price and availability (amazon).
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Teraswhey is good but expensive, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Natural is good and cheaper but higher carb/calorie since its fructose sweetened.
    I went through this same search last year and ended up settling on the ON Gold Natural for the price and availability (amazon).

Ditto, but they no longer have Subscribe & Save as of a month or two ago :sad: I just had to suck it up and order a new tub at the regular price.

Also, I don't have the label here in front of me, but pretty sure ON Natural is sweetened with Stevia and has no fructose. You may be thinking of their "Oat & Whey" which I think has some actual sugars in it. According to my food diary from yesterday, the ON Natural chocolate has 5g of carbs in 1 scoop, which for my purposes is close enough to 0.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Primal Fuel uses sugar to stay natural http://primalblueprint.com/
  • Redemption187
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Natural Whey. Taste great and not too sweet.
  • dwurth2
    dwurth2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb whey protein powder. It is good stuff, but the down side is that it is pricey. I found it cheapest on Amazon.

Jay Robb's Whey Protein is made from the finest natural ingredients available and delivers 25 grams of first class protein, 0-fat, 0-cholesterol, 0-sugars, and only 1 gram of carbohydrate per 30 gram serving. Only cold-processed cross-flow microfiltered whey protein isolate is used as the protein source and this material comes from farm-raised, pasture-grazed, grass-fed cows not treated with the synthetic bovine growth hormone rBGH.

Whey protein isolate, which is used exclusively in Jay Robb's Whey Protein, is created by microfiltering liquid whey through a special ceramic membrane to create the highest grade of whey protein possible. This unique process also yields a whey protein isolate that is much higher in protein than a whey protein concentrate and is also rich in immunoglobulins, alpha-lactalbumin, and beta-lactoalbumin and other immune boosting factors.

Unique natural flavors and the herb stevia are used to create a flavoring system that is palate pleasing and has made Jay Robb's Whey Protein famous across the nation. Their tagline, "The Best-Tasting Protein on the Planet," says it all.

Jay Robb's Whey Protein powder is the #1 Premium Brand of Protein in America! We have left this product simple and natural, so that you can buy one of the highest quality and BEST-TASTING whey protein powders available anywhere in the world! If you don't think our Whey Protein to be the absolute best-tasting (natural) whey product ever developed, then we will refund you the price of the product! You've got nothing to lose! Mixes in water with a few turns of a spoon, or a quick shake in a shaker bottle. BEWARE of most protein powders on the market! Many of these formulas contain cheaper proteins, as well as tons of SUGAR, and refined carbohydrates in the form of: FRUCTOSE, GLUCOSE, GLUCOSE POLYMERS, MALTODEXTRIN as well as fake sugars chemically developed such as ASPARTAME, SUCRALOSE, ACESULFAME-K, and POLYDEXTROSE just to name a few.
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    I love North Coast Naturals Iso Protein. Soooo tasty.

It has inulin and organic cane juice solids in the ingredients, but shows up as 0 g sugar on the label.
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    Bump

I just got 4EverFIt Natural Tropical Mango. Tastes like a dacquiri! It does have Xyllitol and Stevia. I like the Dymatize Elite brand, but you have to check the labels for the natural version. I hate the aftertaste of sucralose, and the chemical process that derives it. Check out netrition.com. They have a big selection of protein powders, at reasonable prices.
  • coloradosurfer
    Options
    I use Shaklee Instant Protein powder. It has no flavor, no sweeteners and no gmo soy. It is a little expensive but it lasts and it is worth it. I am also a member so I get a discount.

http://www.shaklee.com/index.shtml search for instant protein

My favorite breakfast smoothie is Dr Oz's magical breakfast blaster with shaklee protein.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/magical-breakfast-blaster

Hope you find what you're looking for :)
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I would like to just say that I have started this new shake from body by Vi and I lost 6lbs the first week I feel energized more alert and have more energy!

There are many different ways you can make them and they are very healthy for you. Let me know what you think. No I don't sell it I just tell people and the more people that sign up under me give me free powder so go sign up LOL ;) By the way same goes for you. But really in all honesty I don't care if you do it under me or just look it up. The stuff is good and it really helps me. I know that I had one of the shakes and then played boggle with my Mom...Whooped her butt LMAO! by alot.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I would like to just say that I have started this new shake from body by Vi and I lost 6lbs the first week I feel energized more alert and have more energy! If you want to look into it I can give you my website so you can go under me.... http://shakeitup2go.myvi.net/profile/index.html?ProfileID=4025676

There are many different ways you can make them and they are very healthy for you. Let me know what you think. No I don't sell it I just tell people and the more people that sign up under me give me free powder so go sign up LOL ;) By the way same goes for you. But really in all honesty I don't care if you do it under me or just look it up. The stuff is good and it really helps me. I know that I had one of the shakes and then played boggle with my Mom...Whooped her butt LMAO! by alot.

1) This is spam.

2) Body by Vi shakes contain artificial sweeteners. The OP is asking for protein powders without artificial sweetners.

Nice work.
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Prograde Nutrition makes a protein powder with lower carbs, a pre/post workout powder shake mix, and a meal replacement powder (f-in delicious!) that is made with Truvia or Stevia or something.
    I personally stay away from powders that have NO sweeteners, because I would end up adding some anyway. What kind of chocolate protein shake isn't sweet?
  • pyroxian
    pyroxian Posts: 99
    Options

Ditto, but they no longer have Subscribe & Save as of a month or two ago :sad: I just had to suck it up and order a new tub at the regular price.

Also, I don't have the label here in front of me, but pretty sure ON Natural is sweetened with Stevia and has no fructose. You may be thinking of their "Oat & Whey" which I think has some actual sugars in it. According to my food diary from yesterday, the ON Natural chocolate has 5g of carbs in 1 scoop, which for my purposes is close enough to 0.

My mistake - the ON Natural is sweetened with evaporated cane juice, not refined fructose. 5g of carbs, v. 2 or so with the sucralose/aspartame/stevia sweetened options, so not a bunch more but still worth mentioning.

I almost cried when the subscribe & save ended on it, but even so, around $50 shipped for 5lbs is still less than half what that quantity of Jay Robb or Teraswhey would cost around here, so I continue to buy from amazon at "regular price".
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I would like to just say that I have started this new shake from body by Vi and I lost 6lbs the first week I feel energized more alert and have more energy!

If I were to lose 6 pounds in a week, there would be something quite seriously wrong! This thing sounds like a pyramid scheme, and makes me less inclined to buy it.

I do wish many of these powders came in flavors other than vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. The artificial sweetner versions seem to have so many more options.