Feel Like Im Going to Vomit

Options
After working out I always feel like I have to vomit ....any guesses why?

Replies

• thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising when you're over tired or hungry? Either of those situations will make me feel sick after working out. Or are you working out harder than your body can stand?
  • CrazyFly7
    CrazyFly7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I used to have this problem. Well, more feeling like I was dizzy than vomiting. I recommend eating a banana or having a yogurt about 30 minutes before you work out. This helped me tremendously. The only other thing I can think of is possibly after you work out hardcore, perhaps do a bit of a cool-down/stretch to let your body unwind a bit. Hope this helps a little.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    new to exercise?
    to much water?
    not enough water?
    did you eat just before you worked out?
    are you on a empty stomach?
    do you have the flu?
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    probably a low work capacity. (assuming you're new to working out)
    it'll get better.

as stated above. it could be water related, food related, etc.
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    When I really train for my 5K's, I want to vomit when I'm finished. I find that when I push myself beyond what I *think* I can do, my body reacts. It sucks, but to me it means I've pushed passed my mental block but did not exceed the physical one (otherwise I would actually vomit, haha)

Taking a few sips of pickle juice helps to calm my stomach. Also, what I eat 30 mins-60 mins BEFORE I workout makes a huge difference too.
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I think it's lack of endurance... I used to have this problem. I still sometimes I feel like I am going to hurl if I work my hamstrings and glutes for extended periods of time. Weird that those are the only muscles that give me that feeling. But they are getting stronger with all the freaking squats and lunges.
  • cmatos426
    cmatos426 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys its probably to much water and being new to working out to hard. I have to get used to that feeling because its really annoying .