Introduction

Hi, I'm 62 and have many pounds to loose. I joined a weight loss and management program given by my medical insurance in January. It's a pretty radical and supportive program. We eat Optifast products only for 16 weeks then transition slowly to real food. Then there's a 9 month maintenance support group. I've been on the Optifast meal replacements for 8 weeks and have lost 30 pounds without being too hungry. I have at least 30. if not 50, pounds to go. I started recording my exercise and food on this site to get in the habit of doing so when I'm eating real food again. I'm hoping to get some long term support from this group so I can maintain what I loose for the rest of my life. I want to be able to enjoy the rest of my life as much as I can. Thanks for being here for everyone.

Replies

• Welcome aboard. It sounds like your employer is helping, and you're taking advantage of it. Kudos to both! My employer is doing the same thing, and I love it.

The proverb I like to use (and I don't know who wrote it) is "The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time is right now." The road ahead is treacherous. It is good for your body, but hard on your mind. Find ways to reassure your mind that the difficulties you are facing now must be conquered now. Facing them later is much more difficult and risky.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Welcome and continued success. :flowerforyou:
  • bnewperson
    bnewperson Posts: 29 Member
    I, too, am 62 and wish I had an insurance program like yours! Congrats on your success!,,,and it is YOUR success - you had to stick to it. Great job! I think the person who wrote the proverb "the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best is now" is right on in all of her advice. I was on WW but hit a plateau - now on MFP, and the losing is sloooooooow but steady and the support fabulous! Add me as a friend - I think "friends" are really helpful.