How to get rid of my belly fat

Options
Hello all

I have some unwanted belly fat that I want to get rid of. I started doing some cardio work recently ( occasional treadmill, elliptical training and lots of walking) but I wanted to know more effective workouts that could help blast that monster :laugh: Any ideas? Thanks :-)

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Nothing but weight loss will help you get rid of the belly fat. Now, to minimize the appearance, there are plenty of things you can do! Keep up the cardio, great for overall health. Find a way to reduce stress (cortisol contributes greatly to stubborn belly fat, minimize stress to minimize cortisol). Try meditation, tai chi or yoga. Abdominal strengthening. Weight lifting. Yoga/pilates. These will all strengthen the muscles underneath to make the fat less noticeable!
  • cindalinka
    Options
    Hi,

I would keep up with the cardio and really watch your carb and sugar intake. If you look up Jorge Cruise's " Cure for belly fat" he really explains why we tend to gain in the abd area and how to combat it. At my workplace, there is a bunch of us trying out his suggestions and are all seeing and feeling positive effects.

Hope that helps!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Just have to lose body fat overall. I suggest circuit of full body and plyometrics exercises (burpees, mountain climbers, tuck jumps, squat jumps, push ups, switch lunges, etc) and weight training.
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    what are burpees? it really sounds like a really bad bathroom issue....
    Just have to lose body fat overall. I suggest circuit of full body and plyometrics exercises (burpees, mountain climbers, tuck jumps, squat jumps, push ups, switch lunges, etc) and weight training.
  • karendsmith
    karendsmith Posts: 167
    Options
    I do a lot of crunches and many different forms of core strength...
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    what are burpees? it really sounds like a really bad bathroom issue....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7_TBHno0Os&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • karendsmith
    karendsmith Posts: 167
    Options
    oh yea, burpees are a great exercise! tough one!
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • kimsaprincess
    Options
    A mix of cardio and eating right, you need to consume more lean protein and less carbs. There's no point in doing sit ups and stomach exercises if there's still stomach fat there otherwise you will just create abs under the layer of fat. The stomach is my problem area as well as most other peoples, it's just sooo stubborn! Usually the last place to vanish especially on women, but just general weight loss will get rid of it (I know it sounds easier than it is)

Good luck!!! :-) xo
  • newerme15
    newerme15 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump !