HCG Diet anyone???

Options
Anyone using this method of dieting???? Im poking the bees nest...Dont use it but a friend is and I'm very sfraid for her.

Replies

• lottabody1
    lottabody1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I did it and had great results, I was under a Dr.'s care, and
  • signgrrrl
    signgrrrl Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What are you currently doing?
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I believe it's against the site rules to discuss the HCG diet since the Feds banned the supplements.
  • lottabody1
    Options
    I did and lost 32 pounds in 4 weeks, I was under a weight loss Dr.'s care. I lost 18 pounds of fat, especially around my belly area, I am now in a size 10 comfortably. I had no side effects
  • lottabody1
    Options
    you can only be on it for 40 days, with a 500 cal diet, then after that you introduce carbs, and you or on a 1200-1500 cal. diet to maintain, I have been off for over a month and continue to lose fat, I just went yesterday for an update, and I have not gained the weight back, everybody always have things to say, but you have to do or try what's best for you. good luck
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    My doctor had some of her nurses try it, but it gave no better results than her normal diet. She never offered it to patients as far as I know. Not worth the money!

It's dangerous if not done under doctor's care. I know it's available OTC, but that does not make it safe. Eating ultra-low calorie diets without direct medical supervision AND adding a drug like that is a recipe for a heart attack!
  • nateraemom
    Options
    I lost about 40 pounds on hCG last year and ended up gaining about 15 back. The first round was great. Then every time I tried to do additional rounds, I failed miserably. It was way too restrictive for me. Also, in between rounds, I would lose enormous amounts of hair.

I've since switched over to the Body by Vi 90-Day Challenge. Like it MUCH MUCH MUCH better.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I did and also had great results. I lost over 70 pounds and felt great. No bad side effects at all. I am currently working out and lifting weights to lose my last 50
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    500 cal/day diet........insanity.
  • masigirl
    masigirl Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm currently on the HCG diet and have lost 8 lbs in 7 days.. I'm under a Dr.s care while doing this diet.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hcg is dangerous and 50% of your weight loss will be lean muscle mass which means a slower metabolism and it will be much easier to gain the weight back. I have helped many people repair their metabolisms after this program which takes months to do so.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Very dangerous, and everyone I've known to try it gained all the weight back :noway:

Eat a little less, eat BETTER food, move your body for at least 30 minutes a day. That is the only thing that TRULY works.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Hcg is dangerous and 50% of your weight loss will be lean muscle mass which means a slower metabolism and it will be much easier to gain the weight back. I have helped many people repair their metabolisms after this program which takes months to do so.

Sometimes years to repair actually.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I know people who've done this, tried it for maybe a week myself and hated it. I know there are nasty side effects possible and you're supposed to have extra B12. Keep an eye on your friend and encourage her to try a healthier way to lose!
  • Onesnap
    Options

*bows*

Actually, I should preface that by saying if any FAD DIET really truly worked and kept the weight off we would not be a nation of obese individuals.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I know people who've done this, tried it for maybe a week myself and hated it. I know there are nasty side effects possible and you're supposed to have extra B12. Keep an eye on your friend and encourage her to try a healthier way to lose!

I would say duct tape this friend to a chair and make them stop. If you are a true friend you will force them out of it.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    What COULDN'T be great/healthy/reliable about a plan that involves hormone-infested horse piss?:noway:

I swear, people will buy ANYTHING in a fancy wrapper.
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It wasn't bad during and according to the tests I didn't lose any muscle mass...... but as soon as I got off of it I was constantly hungry and I just gained it all back.
This discussion has been closed.