Low sodium ideas?

Options
Most of the time I eat pretty healthy, and working out isn't a problem for me, I love it. But my sodium levels are one of the things that hold me back from dropping these last few lbs. If any of you have any good low sodium seasoning ideas for chicken, pork steak, etc, please let me know.

And feel free to add me as well.

Replies

• Ambiance247
    Ambiance247 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am trying to watch my sodium also. I use balsamic vinegar on just about everything. I also like Mrs Dash, because of the different flavors. Just shake and bake.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    McCormick also has a salt free seasoning. Actually, any other seasoning besides salt works well. Garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, etc.
  • jeeping_mom
    Options
    I noticed my sodium levels were through the roof when I started this last year. I switched as many things as I could from packaged to fresh foods. I use frozen veggies instead of canned as much as possible. That being said, I'm a stay-home mom with time to do all the extra prep and cooking. (And I love it). If you don't have the time or desire, make sure any marinades you buy are low sodium, or cut the sauce with water. I use low-sodium chicken stock (about 1/2 stock 1/2 water in a recipe) all the time when I cook. Keeps chicken from getting dry and gives a little extra flavor to everything else. You could marinate a chicken breast in a low-sodium teriyaki sauce overnight and throw it on the grill. Could probably do the same with steak, but I'm not a huge fan of red meat...

Pasta and rice are no sodium foods, but I've heard they are the devil.:devil: I need to join a Pasta-Lovers-Anonymous Group.
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Stay away from processed food - eat fresh. I work full time without the time to do a lot of prep, but I find it easy to eat fresh.