NSVmania continues!!

Options
LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
I’ve been at this a while and sometimes I forget to take note of the small wins along with the big ones. The Non Scale Victories continue to pile up, I don’t think it’s necessary to mention every single one but every now and then it’s good to recognize a few. Here’s a couple of GREAT ones for me over the past couple of days…..

Sunday – went jogging outdoors for the first time in at least 8 years. I’m training for a 5k, loosely following the Couch25k program. I finished 3 miles and wasn’t embarrassed at all or worried about what others might have been thinking as I was going by.

Monday/Tuesday – Yesterday, I needed a light, spring like jacket. The only thing in my closet was my old 3x, which is way to big. This morning I went and a picked up a new size XL jacket – that’s actually a little big. This time last year I could barely zip the 3x….that’s pretty cool.

Tuesday night – I’m coaching my daughter’s t-ball team – that’s an NSV in itself. I’m running around and bending over all night to pick up the wildly thrown balls so much that one of the other dad’s yells “yo coach, you’re going to need a chiropractor”. Nah dude, I’m good – this is fun, lol. Then, really the ultimate NSV so far. My daughter had a mini meltdown going around the bases (someone pushed her, she tripped – who knows). I picked her up and said “come on, I’ll race you to homeplate”. We ran around the bases together, she giggled the whole time and slid into homeplate – I swear I almost had a moment right there, lol.

Ladies and gentleman, that’s what it’s all about….if you feel better, if your clothes fit better, if your walk to work is easier – you’re doing it! Don’t always fret over the scale. Enjoy all of your accomplishments!

Doooooooooooooo it!!!!

Replies

• neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Need a like button! Way to go!
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
    All of these things are awesome & inspirational!
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My all time fave NSV - feeling the butt of my jeans sagging just a bit!
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Let me clarify - the jeans being saggy, not my butt.
  • msgingerc
    msgingerc Posts: 38
    Options
    You're a champion! What an awesome, motivational post.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Love, Love, LOVE this!! Priceless moments!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Beef!!!! You are so friggin awesome!!!! You put a smile on my face ( hard to do today now that the 2yr old shattered my 50" tv screen dohhhhhhh)!! Keep kickin bootay..... You have accomplished so much and I am blessed to have you as a buddy!!!
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Mr. Beef....I so needed that reminder about the scale. I always put heavy emphasis on the scale and it brings me down. In essence, good things are happening to me on a daily basis. It helps me to try to remember all these things. It's all good.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You, wonderful Mike, deserve to feel SO proud. You bet your @$$ I'm proud of you. Keep it up. :happy:
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Awwww Needed to hear that today:)
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Yes!! That made my day - I'm so proud of you and how far you've come!
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    Thanks everyone…I appreciate all the niceties. It’s what makes this site great! :flowerforyou:
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That is real progress there, my friend! I am so proud of your accomplishments on this journey. You are making yourself, your family, friends, and each one of us proud. I definitely needed this post today to remind me about how far I've come already and to keep me from thinking about how far I still need to go (not that far really, I just needed a reality check). NSVs are so important to help keep you focused on what is real - bc we all know that the number on the scale can get in your head and sometimes it lies to you. Awesome work, Beef. You ARE DOING IT, every damn day.
    -A
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    Beef!!!! You are so friggin awesome!!!! You put a smile on my face ( hard to do today now that the 2yr old shattered my 50" tv screen dohhhhhhh)!! Keep kickin bootay..... You have accomplished so much and I am blessed to have you as a buddy!!!

Blessed? I don’t think anyone has ever told me that they “blessed” to know me, lol. Cursed probably but I don’t know about blessed ; -) Thanks Rosey! Your pretty ok yourself.

Is the boy still alive???
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I teared up a little at you racing your daughter to home plate! (hormones are *amazing*)

That's a brilliant NSV, and though I don't know you I'm genuinely very proud of you!
  • tobiwood1977
    Options
    Wow that was amazing :) Good job!! I too, teared up some reading about running to homeplate with your daughter! Congrats :)
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yes he is still alive.... I'm thinking that I may buy 100 baseballs and make him throw them through a tire everyday till he is 18! Then he can be in the Big leagues and buy mommy a new house as punishment :)

Blessed? I don’t think anyone has ever told me that they “blessed” to know me, lol. Cursed probably but I don’t know about blessed ; -) Thanks Rosey! Your pretty ok yourself.

Is the boy still alive???
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    That's a good idea....now I have a new drill for my kid ;-)
  • chas1933
    chas1933 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    love this!!!!! very motivational!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!