not getting calorie burned upload from fitbit

Options
have got my fitbit today but it is not sending the calories burnt over to fitnesspal ???
and help or advice ?? have i not done some thing .
i have joined the fitbit group on here but am getting no answers ....
also with the sleep monitor do i just wear it on my wrist and thats it ??? or is there more to it

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    You have to have the base plugged in for it to sync what's on your fitbit with the fitbit website. Then I find it takes between 1 and 5 minutes most of the time for fitbit to update MFP. (I've seen it take as long as 30 minutes too!)

You press and hold the button until a timer comes on for sleep mode. Then wear it on your wrist at night. When you wake up, press and hold the button until the timer stops.
  • pomjt
    pomjt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i have ithe base plugged in to the computer its been plugged in all day but it up loads to fit bit but hasnt gone over to fitnesspal ??
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Do you have your fitbit on the dock? Sometimes that's how I just upload the data depending on how long I have, I sometimes don't have five minutes to wait around for it to wirelessly upload. Also, the way I understand it, how fitbit works with mfp, you log your cardio on mfp but also pay attention to the time and log the correct starting time. That way the fitbit doesn't double count your cardio during that time. Also, some days you'll see a calorie adjustment on mfp from fitbit, some days you won't depending upon the day (how much cardio you did, calories, etc) I log all my meals on mfp and they transfer to the fitbit site also, not as individual foods but as "meals" from mfp. I hope this helps!
  • Heatherellaa
    Options
    I'm having the same problem! Have you figured it out? My calories burned won't sync up to myfitnesspal! I'm getting irritated >:(