Stay at home mom

Options
ajelove
ajelove Posts: 97 Member
So...I gained 12 lbs when I became a stay at home mom in January 2012. I could see it easily getting out of control as I've always been a food addict. My history has been full of dangerous yoyos from the age of 12 until present (a terrible combination of addictive behaviors). I've finally learned to love myself and set realistic goals; I need some support to get there (my beer and pasta cravings are relentless!) It is so hard with my 16 month old daughter and...my current apartment is right off a major freeway in Houston with NO sidewalks to be found anywhere near by. I've had to get really creative with my workouts.

If anyone can relate to struggling with both under-eating and over-eating....friend me!

Stats:
Height: 5'6"
Highest weight: 175 lbs
CW: 144 lbs
GW: 134 lbs

Replies

• TamImbrogno
    TamImbrogno Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Im a 28yr old stay at home mom of 3 kids on a battle to weightloss!!! Id love more friends :-)
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    you both can add me. I undereat
  • Candida1983
    Candida1983 Posts: 188
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom as well. You can add me if you want to, it does not hurt to have a lot of friends with things in common and we can talk about mommy stuff too. :happy:
  • my2boiz
    my2boiz Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm not a stay at home mom, but I am a work at home mom. I run a daycare out of my house and work about 50 hours a week with other peoples kids and my own. I just started jillian michaels 30 day shred workout. It kicked my butt last night. I highly reccomend it. its only 20 minutes so its easy to fit in to a daily schedule. I will add you. :)
  • grumpytroll
    grumpytroll Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Add me please. I'm a stay at home mum from the UK. x
  • mommy062706
    mommy062706 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am a 27 yr old SAHM of 3 amazing little girls! The more support the better!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm home with the kids 5 days out of the week (and work 2 days a week).

I've always been a binge-eater, but I've obviously gotten a whole lot better.

I take the kids for walks, and I've as of this past week, started doing Zumba right in my living room :smile:
  • ZHawk1123
    ZHawk1123 Posts: 215
    Options
    Best of luck to you! Add me if you wanna
  • CanadianMomma
    CanadianMomma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm currently a stay at home mom (while on maternity leave, then I return to the workforce in early August) who is having a lot of the same struggles. Having some additional support is always helpful. Glad to see some other mom's out here.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mommy of 5 years here, please add me!
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I am a sahm of 2 lil girls. I too gained a bunch (15 pounds over 2 months) when I first became a stay home mom, and started out over weight.
    It's been nearly 3 years and I'm finally getting things back under control. I'm still bfing my 8 mo and work to make sure I eat enough without going overboard and careful to not under eat.
    Feel free to add me! Always nice to have friends who can relate to mommy stuff :P
  • Candida1983
    Options
    :happy: :happy:
  • Candida1983
    Options
    I'm not a stay at home mom, but I am a work at home mom. I run a daycare out of my house and work about 50 hours a week with other peoples kids and my own. I just started jillian michaels 30 day shred workout. It kicked my butt last night. I highly reccomend it. its only 20 minutes so its easy to fit in to a daily schedule. I will add you. :)

Please add me as a friend!! I just started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred yesterday too lol, and I am a work at home mom as well. I have a boutique, I make bows and tutus and things like that. I would love to have you as a friend!! :happy:
  • realhousewife_windsor
    Options
    Some people gain weight from pregnancies I gained weight after the baby was born. I'm currently a stay at home mom and plan go be one until my child goes to school.
  • beeka2ked
    beeka2ked Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am a stay home mom to a VERY active 3 year old son. It is a constant struggle to balance eating when the little one is "snacking."
    Feel free to add me. We can motivate one another and help stay on track on this journey.
  • daniejarvis
    daniejarvis Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Im also a stay at home mom, I noticed after i stop breastfeeding i started to pack on the pounds. Im the highest Ive ever been! Ladies would love to have other SAHM mom's for support to our journey to lose weight- feel free to add me!
  • LadyVenom69
    LadyVenom69 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I totally know where you`re coming from. I`m also a stay at home mom (just had my little guy 5 months ago) and it`s so hard to find the motivation to get in shape when I`m used to sitting around all the time.

Feel free to add me :)
  • PhotoGraphicGirl
    PhotoGraphicGirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me too... :)