Limited equip for strength training, and push-ups

Options
I am in week 6 of a C2 5k program and have been including basic strength training exercises for the off days. I have limited weights, basically dumbells (30lbs) and a 12lb medicine ball. I am getting to the point where I have to do too many chest presses or bicep curls because of the lack of adding additional weight. What is a good method to maximize the strength training while not purchasing additional equip?

Next question, I have shoulder issues where I experience pain when doing push-ups. Other than chest presses, is there an alternative workout for push-ups?

Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• dreweth
    dreweth Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am in week 6 of a C2 5k program and have been including basic strength training exercises for the off days. I have limited weights, basically dumbells (30lbs) and a 12lb medicine ball. I am getting to the point where I have to do too many chest presses or bicep curls because of the lack of adding additional weight. What is a good method to maximize the strength training while not purchasing additional equip?

Next question, I have shoulder issues where I experience pain when doing push-ups. Other than chest presses, is there an alternative workout for push-ups?

Any help is appreciated.

Can you perform pushups and pullups? If not, then how about assisted versions? Knees for pushups and using a chair for the assit on the pullups.

Those will work you much harder than 30lb dumbell presses and curls. Your body is the gym!