P90x

Options
Hello fellow fitness pals.... I am new to this way of life and hoping to obtain a few friends/supports along the way. I have started calorie counting and as of today I begain the P90x program I am gonna BRING IT and push myself to do this for the full 90 days to see the results and benefits to follow. Has anyone tried this program with My fitness pal and how was it? Like I said today was my frst day and let me tell you I CAN FEEL IT!!! I am etting married July 1st 2012 and I want the stomach flab GONE... I know I can do it.

Replies

• alicialee05
    alicialee05 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have not done the P90X program, but do plan on starting in the next couple of weeks.

I'm also doing the Cto5k program on my iphone.

Like you, I am also getting married this summer and want to tone up!

Good luck!
  • Debo1962
    Debo1962 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting P90x also. Will let you know how it works out.
  • jmeneely1
    jmeneely1 Posts: 11
    Options
    Im on day 15 of P90X and using MFP, it is working great. Im down 10 lbs and gaining muscle. Im really excited for the results after 90 days. Feel free to add me.
  • sbigrigg
    sbigrigg Posts: 1
    Options
    Sorry to ask a dumb question here but how are you using MFP? Are you logging each exercise and quantity . . . what's your secret?
  • scorpiovixen
    Options
    after day 1 of p90x I was in so much pain Im not sure if I over did it or what but how do you you do it in pain? I need the motivation to keep at it I guess the saying"no pain no gain" says it all?
  • bhall33
    bhall33 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You get used to it, and the pain starts going away. I circuit train and box, and the first day I didn't think I would even beable to walk out of the gym let alone be able to walk home, now when I leave I feel like I can run home, I wake up with no pain. P90x is the same, the more you do it the more your body will get a costumed to working out again.

It will probably hurt for the first week or so but you will notice it won't hurt as much the more you do it.

Also make sure you are getting enough protein in your diet as it helps heal/build your muscles
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Hi! I plan on starting a hybrid of p90x and just running next week. (I'm replacing plyo, kenpo and yoga with running)

I'm really puney so we'll see how this goes. I'm soo very excited to start, though.
  • moterry
    moterry Posts: 2
    Options
    I started P90X this past Monday. After reading the last post... I may also try doing a hybrid by replacing some of the cardio days with running. I love doing the P90X... but I also like to run... and I want to get back to running religiously... and there is just not enough time in the day most days to do both. Good luck!
  • mrswinstead
    Options
    You get used to it, and the pain starts going away. I circuit train and box, and the first day I didn't think I would even beable to walk out of the gym let alone be able to walk home, now when I leave I feel like I can run home, I wake up with no pain. P90x is the same, the more you do it the more your body will get a costumed to working out again.

It will probably hurt for the first week or so but you will notice it won't hurt as much the more you do it.

Also make sure you are getting enough protein in your diet as it helps heal/build your muscles

Ditto!!
  • jhuel25
    jhuel25 Posts: 1
    Options
    i am currently doing the p90x program, well its actually my 4th week and im telling you after my first week i saw changes in my body; and yes there was the muscle pain and soreness.. but i still push myself and picture myself feeling absolutely fabulous at the target weight i intend to reach; but you have to stick with it . i know youre suppose to do the workout once per day, for my first 2 weeks i did the program once per day so my body would get accustom to it. by my 3rd week i started to double up on my workout, i do it twice per day. the exercise has to become a part of your lifestyle else youd fall off the wagon when it gets tough; what i do is never give myself the option of questioning whether i want to work out on a particular day, when i wake its always i have to do my workout today.. another thing that helped me is designating a particular time to start my workout every morning...in the evenings it depends on many other factors but i tell myself i must get it done regardless of the time, but atleast 2 hours before bed. i started my fitness pal couple days ago because sometimes i dont follow the diet plan of the program, but i still need to keep my calories in check.

They have been working well so far for me, and i need to get stomach down by my wedding date on the 30th December 2012.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I did P90X 2 summers ago, my suggestion is getting a recovery drink and take it within 30 minutes of getting done. It really helps with the soreness. GNC has some good ones.
  • SkinnyGal08
    SkinnyGal08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday too, I love it so far, but like you I am very tired and sore I know the results will pay off I am
    Also following the nutrition plan as well and it works wonders, what you eat is really going to make a difference in the results you get. Just keep pushing play my husband and I are doing this together ap
    Sometimes when he gets off at night we do it and I'll
    Have a protein shake after each work out! Feel free to add me for support! :)
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yoga helps with the soreness and recovery, so does Therma Fles...(it is used on horses)

I have done several versions of PX90 and Cross Fitness. I now combine them and it works well. Burpees are tough and good to do.

If you want the the stomach flab gone, best program to do is the Top Military Workouts. Just google it. Awesome stuff and they have stuff for military wives.
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 5 and already noticing my face looks thinner and my shoulders look more "fit". Hope to see it everywhere lol!

And the pain is finally getting bearable... first 2 days I thought I would die. :sad: