Sweet Treat Ideas

Options
Anything with sugar is my guilty pleasure. Anybody have some ideas for some easy, guilt free(ish), dessert/sugary awesomeness, snacks I can take with me to munch on after lunch instead of frozen yogurt or cake or whatever else magically appears when my guard is down?

Replies

• DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have this issue as well. I'm going to try making this:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/baked-oatmeal-with-blueberries-and.html
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    not sure if you're a Jello fan, but i'm really liking making the sugar-free Jello and, instead of cold water, using diet soda... ends up being about 5 calories a serving (and then if i'm really feeling a sweet tooth, i add some fat-free whipped topping - takes it to a whopping 15 calories :))... flavor combos that have worked great so far: black cherry sugar-free jello with diet rock&rye soda; lime sugar-free jello with fresca (or any diet lemon-lime soda); orange sugar-free jello with either diet creme soda or, if you can't find that, then i found dr. stewart's orange vanilla creme diet soda is awesome too...
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe from "The Sunday Baker"

Butterscotch Oat Balls
    2 c. rolled oats
    3/4 c. unsalted cashews
    4 T. all natural peanut butter
    5T. agave nectar
    3/4 c. butterscotch chips (can use less)
    1 t. pure vanilla extract

1. Add the oats, cashews and butterscotch chips to a food processor. Pulse until the oats and cashews are a flour consistency. The chips will be in fine pieces (making them easier to roll later).

2. Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until well mixed. Check to see if you can easily make a ball with the dough. If not, you can add some more agave nectar and pulse again.

3. With a small 1" cookie scoop, form balls with the dough and place them on a wax-paper lined container. Cover and freeze. I eat them right out of the fridge or freezer.

Can easily use honey instead of the nectar, I like adding a touch of molasses. I also substitute walnuts for cashews cuz that's what I normally have. To cut down on sugar can remove the chips.

For a quick snack, sliced fruit (apple, banana...) with peanut butter is good too.

Hope this helps!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Special K's chocolatey pretzel bar; 90 calories, but tastes like chocolate covered pretzels! Werther's sugar free cinnamon caramels are also tasty and 8 calories a piece. I also chew an insane amount of sugar free gum, but mostly just because I'm a compulsive snacker and it keeps my mouth busy!
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Frozen red grapes
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I also like adding plain yogurt to jello (blend it in instead of the cold water). Makes for a great texture. :)
  • CruellaClo
    CruellaClo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I swear by Crystal light pop-cycles that I make at home. One pages of the 5 cal Crystal light and water nets me about 6 pop cycles. Cold and sweet and less than 1 calorie each!!!!
  • c3nterstage
    Options
    I swear by Crystal light pop-cycles that I make at home. One pages of the 5 cal Crystal light and water nets me about 6 pop cycles. Cold and sweet and less than 1 calorie each!!!!

That is so smart! Sounds perfect for hot summers :)