I'm new... HRM help, please?

Options
Hello all!

I just bought a Sportline Duo 1010 HRM earlier today. I programmed it with my height, weight, etc. and put in what I wanted my target heart rate to be. I set the high to 180 and the low to 150.

I just finished doing 48 minutes of Turbo Jam ( the Punch, Kick, and Jam video) while using weighted gloves and according to this thing I burned 1391 calories. :huh:

I know I went hard and all but... Is that even possible?

Sidenote: I'm 5 ft. 4 in. and I currently weigh 176 lbs.

Replies

• LouisAA1978
    LouisAA1978 Posts: 275
    Options
    i have a sportline and weight 310 and it takes me over an hour to burn that much so it seems high but anything is possible
  • PreludetoaKiss
    PreludetoaKiss Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What kind of workout are you doing in that hour?
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Does it give you what your average heart rate was for that time? You can put it into an online calculator to figure out how close it is. I use

http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm
  • LouisAA1978
    LouisAA1978 Posts: 275
    Options
    mine does have a max min and avg heart rate
    i do i guess you would call it a circuit training i do 10 cardio to get my heart rate up the some weight training and when my my heart rate starts to drop i go back to cardio i will do that for about 80 to 90 mins and burn on avg about 1400 cals a worout
  • knqtm104
    knqtm104 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yes, its very possibloe. i wear my hrm for every spin class i take and i burn anywhere between 85-1000cals depending on my effort for the class. I love my hrm and wear it for all classes.:wink: